Friday Night Bites

September 11th, 2009

It was a new day in Mystic Falls, the sun was bright and the air was crisp, the town seemed to be new. Although that could be because Andy had gotten a somewhat decent night's sleep, or maybe because she had arranged to meet up with Anna in just over a week's time. Unlike Elena, when she was interested in someone she made sure to get their cell number. Her and Elena had gotten a ride from Bonnie to school as always, although they were having a vastly different conversation than usual.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." Bonnie advised as she stepped out of the car. "You were the one who said to go for it." Elena pointed out as Andy got out of the back. "Now I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie pressed as they walked onto the grassy field. "Why the about-face?" Elena noticed. "It's not an about-face." Bonnie shot back. "It kinda is." Andy added in on the other side of the protesting girl. "It's just, you're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field."

"Oh, because I'm so that girl." Elena laughed at the idea. "Seriously, what are you not saying?" She pleaded. "It's stupid." Bonnie refuted.

"Bonnie..." Elena trailed off.

"What?"

"Spit it out." Elena demanded.

"Bonnie did the weird thing when she accidentally touched him last night." Andy tattled, seeing no point in hiding it. She trusted Bonnie's instincts, she was just concerned about the whole 'wigging out' as Caroline so eloquently put it. Bonnie gave her a look of betrayal.

"Is that it?" The other girl went to walk away at the perceived dismissal, but Elena grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "Bonnie."

"I got a bad bad feeling!" The worried girl exclaimed.

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" Elena teased, not seeing how serious she was. "You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." Bonnie stated a matter of fact. The younger twin placed her hands on her shoulders. "And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good." She smiled widely before becoming serious. "It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." Bonnie sighed, then gave her a small smile. They started walking again and normal conversation started. That was until a familiar figure walked in front of them.

"Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Andy, Bonnie." Stefan greeted with a large smile. "Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later." Bonnie quickly excused before practically running into the building away from them. "Bonnie, wait..." Elena called after her to no avail. "She doesn't like me very much." He hesitantly commented, but Elena quickly assured him. "She doesn't know you. She's my best friend. She's just looking out for me. But when she does, she will love you." She smiled before turning to her quiet twin, mischief glinting in her eyes.

"If you can get Andy's approval, then winning anyone else over is a piece of cake." Andy flushed as Stefan chuckled. "Really now? I didn't see that coming." He turned to her as the three of them started walking in what was soon becoming their usual formation, the twin and the boyfriend on either side of Elena. "She's my twin, it's only natural I'm a little overprotective. The only reason I approved of Matt was because we'd known him since birth." She defended herself, much to the pair's amusement.

"Here's what we're going to do." Elena started thoughtfully, turning to Stefan. "Are you free tonight?"

He stopped as he pretended to think about it. "Yes." He smiled.

"Perfect. Dinner, my house. 8:00. You, me, Bonnie and Andy. You two will spend some quality time and she'll get to see what a great guy you are, especially when she sees how well you and Andy get along. Mission accomplished." She cheered, smiling brightly at him. Seeing the smile on her sister's face that Stefan brought out, Andy's opinion on the mysterious yet kind guy tripled. Anyone capable of making her sister this happy after everything she had been through definitely had both Andy's approval and respect.