𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙯

|Prologue|

CW: none
Word count: 700

***

Yet another boring masquerade.

Nothing new, the same people, the same gossips, the same snacks and refreshments, the same music.

It was all so boring.

She was sick of it, sick of the same thing.

Supporting her head with her gloved hand on the table, she let out a small sigh, eyes fluttering shut out of boredom.

Minutes passed like that, until she heard a voice next to her.

"So bored that you're sleeping? You know, it's not very respectful towards the host."

Y/n's eyes snapped open, as she glanced up, seeing the figure looming over her.

He was tall, broad shoulders enchanting his slim, yet clearly fit figure. He wore a black franc, pure white button up shirt underneath it, a black material decorating the collar. There was also a bright green brochure decorated with silver on his outfit, just above his heart. Pure emerald. He also had white gloves covering his hands. His skin was paler than normal. A dark green mask adorned his upper face, but didn't hide his piercing green eyes, that seemed to shine in the dim light of the candles in the ballroom from the mask's eyeholes. The light seemed to brighten his blonde locks, that fell over his eyes since his head was tilted down. His lips were pulled in a sly smile, as he gazed down at Y/n.

She's never seen him before...

"Oh- um, no, sorry, I'm not bored, just a little tired."

Y/n blurted out, straightening her posture and looking at him properly.

"Really?"

He had a mocking tone to his question.

"Yeah. It has been a long ride to here."

Indeed, the ride on the cart lasted longer than usual, approximately two hours.

And when she got to the mansion, she couldn't help but think that the place was a little creepy...

The whole structure held somewhat dark aura to it, the surrounding area was dead silent, and the forest that stretched across the miles around it didn't help at all.

The insides of the building, however were more royal. All of the wallpapers and carpets were dark red, the furniture was out of dark oak, the floor was out of black marble, just like the stairs.

"Oh, I see. If that so, then I'd suggest you to have some rest in the private room, the maids could lead you there. If you want of course."

He sat down on the empty seat next to her and glanced at her.

To that she shook her head, offering the man a small smile.

"Thank you for your offer, but I'm fine. What's your name, Sir?"

"It's Dream. Dream WasTaken, it's a pleasure to meet you. And your name is?"

"Oh! So you're the owner of the mansion? Nice to meet you, Lord Dream, my name's Y/n. Y/n L/n."

He chuckled, grasping her hand in his gently, bringing it up to his lips and pressing his lips over the fabric of the glove.

"The feeling is mutual, Lady Y/n."

She flushed at the action, looking away from him sheepishly.

There was something that caught his attention since the masquerade began.

The certain scent, the royal scent.

He couldn't identify whose scent it was since there were a lot of people.

He has been searching for this particular person forever.

And she was that person.

He finally found her.

He could sense her soft, fragile skin under the fabric of her glove when he kissed it.

So fragile that he could rip it with a slight motion of his fangs.

Every vein of hers rippled with the sweet blood, tempting him to taste it.

The blood that was so divine, so rare and could belong to only one person.

Unless someone else decided to taste it.

But only one person would be able to taste the royal blood. If another one does, the blood would become like common one and lose it's taste.

It was like taking a bite out of forbidden apple.

One bite only.

The second would ruin the divine fruit.

And now...

As he found her, his Eve, he wasn't planning on sharing with anyone else.

***