Chapter 1

|Chapter 1|

CW: none
Word count: 1030

***

"Would you like to dance, my lady?"

He stood up, offering her a hand for a dance as waltz's music began playing.

Y/n hesitated for a moment, but nodded, placing her hand in his open palm, causing his hand to clasp over hers and squeeze gently.

She noticed how cold his hand was over the smooth fabric of his white gloves.

He led her to the very center of the ballroom, ignoring people's curious gazes and whispers.

Hand on her waist, other one holding her hand he swayed to music, silently daring her to dance with him.

Her hand was on his shoulder, the other one in his cold hold, she took the hint, following his moves.

Her long, f/c gown flapped as they moved around, the fabric being illuminated by the light.

Everyone's eyes were glued to them, as the pair performed graceful moves as the music continued playing.

Her breaths were calm, as she paid no mind to people around her, her gaze was glued to the boy in front of her.

He looked...somewhat angelic to her.

It was impossible to describe her attraction towards him.

His gaze was casted down on her pretty face, examining every inch of it.

She was soft and warm to touch, complete opposite of him.

Letting out a small sigh, he let himself bathe in her sweet scent.

He was good at controlling his need for blood. It wasn't his first time being around the human, anyway.

He has lived thousands of years, watched the civilizations crumble because of diseases, natural causes and arise again.

He wasn't affected by any of it.

Time wasn't a problem for him.

He had eternity ahead of him.

"Is there something in your mind, Lord Dream?"

He snapped out of his daze with a blink.

"Yes, actually. Thinking about how pretty you are, my lady."

He chuckled to himself, sly, as her eyes widened a little then she looked away from him as her face heated up at the cheesy compliment.

How adorable.

"Thank you, my lord. You are quite handsome yourself."

He hummed, spinning her as the music was nearing it's end.

His eyes caught a glimpse of his 'friend', who was looking at them, mainly Y/n with predatory look in his eyes.