Chapter 5

|Chapter 5|

CW: none
Word count: 1045

***

"Ahem."

She jumped up in her seat at the sudden voice behind her.

It was a familiar voice...

The person grinned at her surprise.

She turned around, facing the person.

It was him.

Dream.

How the hell did she not hear his steps?

"Greetings, Lord Dream."

"Good morning, Lady Y/n."

He took her hand in his, pressing a kiss to an exposed skin as a greeting, his eyes closing shut at the intoxicating scent of royal blood.

Dream's attire was a bit odd.

He was wearing a dark cloak, the hood pulled up, blocking his head from the sun.
All of his clothes were black, even gloves.

Why would he wear a cloak on such a sunny day?

She took a notice that he wasn't wearing a mask, so she briefly inspected his facial features.

The same pale skin, the same vibrant green eyes, however this time, his cheeks were also revealed. Faint freckles dotted them, like stars on the night sky.

He took a seat next to her, briefly gazing at the view in front of them, the yard that was so prettily decorated with greenery.

"You're looking breathtakingly beautiful, as ever."

He complimented, causing a shy smile tug her lips and her entire face flush.

"Thank you, my Lord."

"So...A marriage, huh? What do you think about it?"

Her smile dropped instantly, replaced with a frown, which didn't go unnoticed by Dream.

"Um, to be frank, I don't like it at all. But I have to do it for my family. Were you the one who proposed this?"

Dream shook his head at the question, puffing out a sigh and placing his hands on the desk.

"Wasn't my idea. It was Craft's actually. They wanted to keep the trading partner only to themselves, and if they did...I'd end up losing one."

Crafts again, huh?

There's no way she's choosing them.

"And Foster's decided to join this trend?"

"I guess so."