Part 3 - The Storm I Need

"So what you're telling me is you met an incredibly hot guy. He was totally interested in you, wanted to get to know you and all you did was get his name." Sam says while looking at me as if I was completely batshit crazy. We were both sitting at the window seats in a cute cafe down the street, to celebrate after her first dance lesson at Millennium.

"Okay. First of all, we don't know if he's actually interested in me. Secondly, I don't think I want to enter into anything with anyone right now and lastly he's trouble." I justified.

"And you love trouble." She says with wide eyes and a loud voice as if it was the most obvious statement in the universe.

"Heyy!! I'm a responsible person! I never do anything to get into trouble."

"And yet in every Episode story you play, you always choose the bad boy and not the cute nerd." Sam says squirming her eyes at me to emphasise her point.

"That's a game and this is real life. There's a difference." I say shaking my head while going through the menu.

"Ya sure, the difference being that in real life you're never quite brave enough to go after the guy you like." She says smirking.

"That's not true! I do go after guys I like!"

"Ya, and when was the last time you did that?" She asks smugly knowing it's been atleast a year.

"Okay, whatever that doesn't matter but for now, we should be celebrating your big day, not talking about the lack of love in my life!" I say as we call the waiter to place our order.

5 minutes later, the waiter comes to take our order and I order a waffle but Sam being Sam is still debating on what she should eat even though she's been looking through the menu for the last 10 minutes. When Sam starts asking him about all the different items in the menu, I tune out their conversation and look outside the window.

We're sitting by the floor length windows so it's easy to look out at the sky. The sky, it's honestly such a beautiful metaphor. It's never ending, infinite. It reminds us of all the infinite possibilities in life. How our life can take a different turn at any moment never preparing us for the change that may come and leaving us to deal with it. And somehow even after causing a storm in our life, it still turns us into the people we need to be at the end.

My line of thought ends as I notice something, or rather someone on the opposite side of the road from the window.

And even though he's standing on the opposite side of the road, I know it's him.

Jake.

At first, I wonder if he's following me but I know he's not that kind of person. And If he wanted to meet me, he'd find a way but not like this. And without even noticing it, I've been staring at him for a few seconds. And before I can turn away and tell myself to stop staring, he sees me. Our gazes are locked even though, there's vehicles passing in between us. He's standing far away but I can feel the chaos in his eyes.

And in that moment, I wonder if he's the storm that I need in my life.

But before I can ponder any further, we break our gaze when Sam asks me if I would share her pancakes with her so I turn and tell her "yes, if they're eggless" and when I turn to look outside the window again, he isn't standing there. And I'm left wondering if we will ever meet again, even though in the corners of my heart I knew the answer to that question.

Sam and me spent rest of the time talking about everything and nothing in our lives and stuffing our face with eggless chocolate pancakes and waffles that were too delicious to say no to.

2 Hours Later

I'm back at my apartment building that I share with Sanaya Irani, my best friend from India. She's my sister from another mister! I've known her since I can remember and we've been best friends since the 8th grade, so she knows pretty much all there is to know about me. Sometimes - a bit too much - when it's my birthday and she has my worst photos, but then again, she means a lot to me and has always been there for me, so I keep her around. Also, cuz she pays half the rent.