Part 5 - Eye Candy

"Oh come on, sweetheart, I wouldn't say we've got nothing going on." I heard a familiar voice behind me. And I didn't need to turn around to know who it belonged to.

"Jake, what's up man. I thought you said you were too busy to come around today." Derek said doing the bro-handshake with he who shall not be named. Yes, another Harry Potter fan. Sue me.

"I was but then I thought if I didn't come here, I'd miss something or rather someone important." he said winking. The guy was a smooth flirt, gotta give him that.

He was standing right beside me but I made no move to look at him or even glance at him no matter how much I wanted to. While I was busy doing that, apparently my best friend was busy telling Derek about my 'eye candy'.

"Well, isn't this a small world, your eye candy turned out to be Jake!" Derek eyed me referring to our conversation earlier.

And before I could tell him off, Alex butted in saying, "And now that he's here, I'm gonna leave and I'm sure Derek has some things to do too."

"Alex, you were supposed to drop me back home and you weren't gonna leave so soon anyway," I said glaring at him, knowing what he was planning and not wanting any part in it.

"I know but I just got a text from Lia asking if we could film and you know I can't say no to her, so I really need to go. Plus Lia's house and yours are both in completely different directions so I can't drive you or I'll be late. But I feel really bad for ditching you & don't want you to be alone so how about you walk back with Jake! Jake, would you mind walking Ara back if you're not busy?" Alex said with too much enthusiasm in his voice for someone who supposedly felt bad that he had to go.

"Alex, I'm not walking home with a stranger who could potentially kill me." I said glaring at him.

"It's half past 7 right now, Ara. You walking back alone would give you a better shot at getting killed. And I'm not letting you walk home alone especially when you've only been here for a few months."

"And you don't need to worry about Jake, Ara, I assure you I've known Jake for the last 5 years and he's an angel. You're in safe hands." Derek countered winking at me.

"I don't mind. I just came here to chill and watch some dances, so I'm sure I can walk back with her" he-who-shall-not-be-named said.

"Firstly, I've been here for at least 7 months so I know the place! Secondly, I trust you Derek but I don't know this guy, and Lastly, you just came here so I'm sure you don't want to leave just yet." I said the last part referring to the guy who just arrived and was standing with us.

"You're not walking back alone and that's final!" Alex said crossing his arms leaving no argument. Sometimes, I swear, he's just too protective of me. It's sweet but makes me want to kick his ass.

"And I wasn't here to see the dances anyway, I was just chilling so I have no issues leaving early." curly hair said.

"Well, then it's settled! Jake will drop you off and I'm going to go back to teaching some poor souls. Don't worry Ara, Enjoy!" Derek said winking and walking away.

"I'll go too since Lia must be waiting. Nice to meet you, Jake." Alex said.

"Same here dude!" he answered.

"Thank me later" Alex whispered in my ear hugging me before walking away.

'The only thing he's getting from me is a kick in the ass later' I think mentally rolling my eyes.

But before leaving Alex turned around, looked pointedly at Jake and said, "Better not try to hurt Ara, because you don't want to know what could happen." and then left us in silence, which might I mention, didn't last long.