Chapter 23

Saritha licked her lower lips as she wring her hands together. Deepthi who walked out adjusting her pallu raised her eyebrows at the woman.

" Hey yennachu ?" Deepthi asked placing her hands on Saritha's shoulders. Deepthi gave a small encouraging smile while Saritha gnawed her lips worriedly.

" Naa varale...neeyum Anusha vum ponge," Saritha said in a low voice causing Deepthi to blink in confusion.

" Yethu varalaya ? Kesari lam senji vechiruke...Golu bommai lam ready paniruke...aprom yendi ?" Deepthi asked.

Anusha who walked outside the room holding a bunch of jasmine raised her eyebrows. Deepthi rubbed her forehead and jerked her chin towards Saritha's direction. Anusha pursed her lips before walking towards Saritha. She turned Saritha's back and pinned the flower on her French plait.

" Mavale...yethachum last minute le pesitu irrukathe...Kelembu...poi earings matiko," Anusha said to Saritha who pressed her lips together.

" Yethuku athulam...naa yenna avanga veetu marumagala...avaru yenne mistress ah kude vechikule," Saritha said in a low volume causing Deepthi and Anusha to exhale their breath.

" Yaaru fault athu ! Née yethuku di living in relationship nu sonne! " Deepthi asked in an exasperated tone causing Saritha to turn her face away.

Anusha sighed and shook her head. She gently tuned Saritha's face towards her and nudge Saritha's chin up, peering into her guiless eyes.

" Golu ke yaaru vara sonna ?" Anusha asked Saritha who cleared her voice.

" Avaru..." she said causing Anusha to hum.

" Exactly...yethuku vara sonaru ?" Anusha asked Saritha who shrug her shoulders causing Deepthi to smack her own forehead while Anusha pinched Saritha's cheek.

" Oh teriyathu...seri ange poi terinjukalam...kelembu," Anusha said pushing Saritha towards her room.

Saritha sighed and quickly changed her earrings and wore a small necklace and glass bangles. She sprayed her hair spray and perfume, adjusting her purple lipstick before grabbing her small Elle handbag.

Deepthi and Anusha smiled as they each hold a small tray of kesari and mootichor laddoo while Saritha took the tray of Ganesha gollu doll decorated with yellow flowers. Anusha gave a smile and nod as the girls walked out of their apartment.

When they reached Ravi Raghavendra's house, Saritha's eyes widened seeing the large manor. Multiple cars were infront of the main gates. Saritha's eyes widened seeing star kids such as Preeti Vinayakumar and her sister Ashlatha, Actress Snehita with her husband and few more ladies walking out of their car.

Anusha exhaled her breath and gave Saritha a look causing her to sigh as she climbed down from their car. Deepthi winked at Anusha as she climbed out of the car. Saritha ducked her head as a few of the guests stared at her. Deepthi placed a calming hand on Saritha's shoulders, giving her a bright smile.

" Be a peacock Saritha or the vultures will devour you," she said in a quiet yet firm voice.

Saritha exhaled her breath and nod her head. Anusha smiled and jerked her head towards the main entrance. Deepthi and Saritha nod before the three began walking towards the main door.

Ravi Raghavendra who was standing outside smiled widely as his eyes caught Anusha and Deepthi. He raised his eyebrows and stopped halfway seeing Saritha's hidden figure emerge between the girls.

" Va ma...née varuve nu expect panle," Ravi said with a surprised smile. Saritha flinched and nod her head with a small smile.

" Sorry sir...vanturuka kudathu...naa um bommai matum vechitu poiruva ? Ille unge kitte pass panitu poren," Saritha said with a small smile, her eyes turned misty causing Ravi to blink in shock.