thirteen.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

namjoon would sit, lips softly parted as he stared at jungkook's back, taking a soft breath in.

what the fuck-

all these four years, namjoon had been hating upon the poor boy when it wasn't his fault? kept himself away from jungkook even when he didn't do anything?

"how.." namjoon would bring himself to speak, holding onto jungkook's waist softly. "..how do i know you're not lying to me, jungkook-ah?" he'd ask, watching jungkook smile as he turned around.

"hyung.." jungkook would smile, turning around lightly, as much as he could in a position like this, reaching out to keep his hand over namjoon's.

"both of us knew yugyeom wanted to get into your pants, right? and trust me, yugyeom can go to lengths to get something.. he just wanted me to look bad in front of you.. and i think he did it really well" jungkook would scoff, looking down at himself.

and namjoon on the other hand remained silent, jaw jutting from side to side as he went deeper in thought, jungkook caressing his thighs bringing him out of his thoughts.

"do you forgive me, hyung?" the younger would ask timidly, watching as namjoon got out of the bathtub, grabbing a towel for himself, leaving the younger behind.

"hyung.." he'd whine as he got out of the tub, hugging namjoon from behind, shaking his head when the elder asked him to let go, looking at him through the mirror.

"you should leave jungkook, please" namjoon wouldn't even look up, letting jungkook softly caress his abdomen, drawing circles down onto the sink; a shuddered breath escaping his lips and a groan later, namjoon would push himself out of jungkook's hold, glancing outside to see if the staff left.

"collect your stuff, and leave, jungkook-ah.. i have to leave the suite too, anyways" he'd mutter, wrapping a towel around himself as he walked out of the bathroom, walking to his closet. jungkook would slowly follow him as well, grabbing his clothes as he got dressed.

no words were exchanged, just soft glances once in a while - and jungkook could tell namjoon was troubled by his set of words, expression evident on his face. how he would linger in the same place, snapping back as he tried to figure out what he was doing earlier, hearing him sigh.

and jungkook would silently walk back to his suite, plopping down onto the bed - his mind was actually empty at this point, almost no thoughts, too distracted to be focused on one single thing, and then it came; the huge load of thoughts jungkook has once in a while, which hits him almost physically, the young male reaching out to hold his head, closing his eyes.

why does namjoon still not want to talk to him despite him clearing things out?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

namjoon would push his wet locks back, walking over to the room he visits almost daily, a pack of chocolates in his hands this time, knocking on the door softly. "yunmi?" he'd call out, sighing when he did not get an answer.

"still sleeping?" he'd whisper, taking a seat beside the woman's bed, resting the box of chocolates atop the side-table, reaching out to hold her hand.

"keep your hands on my stomach.. the baby kicks a lot lately" yunmi would smile as she turned to face the male, gently intertwining their hands. "can you help me sit up, please?" she'd ask quietly, watching as namjoon nodded, helping her to sit up, supporting her back.

"thank you.. did you drink last night?" she'd ask, watching as namjoon paused, nodding eventually as he leaned back in the seat, finger running along the hem of his sleeve.

"yeah.. do i still reek of alcohol or something? i just cleaned my mouth with a mouthwash-" he muttered, watching as yunmi softly shook her head, chuckling as she smoothened out the blanket with her legs.

"no no, just.. you look exhausted, so i asked.." she'd smile, watching namjoon hum and shift in his place, nodding as he looked away.

"it's just work and stuff, it's.. piling up too much, but yeah.. how are you? taking walks like they asked you to?" namjoon would ask, reaching out to lightly play with yunmi's hand, hearing her hum.

"yeah, the new nurse is really cooperative, helps me out with walks too.. I've been doing everything they asked me to.." she would speak out, letting silence take over them for the while, stealing a glance at namjoon.

"..don't overwork yourself, you look really drained and exhausted" yunmi would add, watching namjoon nod softly yet again.

now namjoon never really hid anything from yunmi, nothing at all.. yet just the thought of telling her what happened between him and jungkook had him unsettled; he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

"i uh.." namjoon would clear his throat, gently sitting upstraight. ".. i met jungkook" he'd mutter, watching yunmi's face visibly fall, silence engulfing them for the second time, yet the only difference was that this time it felt strange, awkward. cause yunmi knew too how much namjoon lobed jungkook at one point.

"what.. did you guys talk about?"

"nothing much.. he's a.. a part of the company we're having a deal with so yeah, company stuff, not anything else" he'd mutter back again, toying with the hem of his coat again.

only if yunmi knew what 'company' namjoon was talking about.

"is that all?" yunmi would ask, watching namjoon faintly nod before he snapped back from whatever he was thinking, nodding yet again.

"yeah, that's all. i promise" namjoon would mutter, looking outside the window.

that was the first time namjoon lied to yunmi..

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

thank you for 1K reads tho <3 :( !