fourteen

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

time is.. simply running out. just a couple days in jungkook's hands before he leaves new york to go back to seoul, and probably never return. it's unnerving to be honest, with the glances namjoon throws at him in the middle of meetings are .. not quite clear intended? he doesn't know how to explain it. sometimes he feels namjoon just really wants to fuck the living shit out of him because he feels so small under his gaze or sometimes it feels like namjoon just needs a hug from jungkook.

either way, jungkook is okay with both of them—

but the frustrating thing is namjoon hasn't made a move, not at all. he just.. simply sits and stares. stares at jungkook's until the young male is quivering in his seat, letting out a content hum at jungkook's actions. didn't really help that he almost always sat diametrically opposite to the young male on the circular table.

and while mr choi sat beside him and talked to him from time to time for jungkook to probably remember for later, he would mindlessly scribble everything down, eyes still stuck upon namjoon's face — maybe one moment where namjoon will break and actually say something but no.. three weeks, and namjoon has done nothing.

not like jungkook could approach him either, not with victor literally eyeing him from the corner of the room. everything was slipping from his hands.

he'd sigh in his place, looking down at his lap. the last meeting between their companies, hearing mr choi and namjoon exchange words over and over again, hating how everyone clapped at the end of the meeting but jungkook didn't. he clearly did not want to leave the hall, and definitely did not want to leave when namjoon was looking at him like that.. like he was literally about to cry.

and that only hurt jungkook more, casting his eyes back down onto his thighs.

he'd feel a tap on his shoulder, glancing back to look at victor, watching him lean down slightly. "mr. jeon, please stay back after the meeting. mr kim would like to have a word with you." was all victor said — that causing a profound adrenaline rush throughout jungkook's body, watching namjoon lightly smile at him, deep dimples etched across his cheeks.

with shuffling feets and voices fainting as people walked out of the conference hall, jungkook staying put in his seat.

"not coming along, jungkook-ssi?" wooshik would ask, watching jungkook quietly shake his head, gently getting up.

"no.. I'll come in a while, yeah? wait for me in the car?" jungkook would ask, pretending to pack his stuff, while wooshik nodded, giving jungkook a smile as he walked out as well, leaving jungkook alone with namjoon.

he could literally hear his own heartbeat while namjoon walked over to him, either of the male's facing each other. he'd see namjoon visibly nervous as he gulped down, shifting in his place ; he's just as nervous as jungkook right now.

"uh.. i wanted to apologize" namjoon began, biting down onto his bottom lip as he spoke, "for giving you the cold shoulder that day. that was an absolute asshole move.." namjoon chuckled by the end of the sentence, watching jungkook relax at that, joining in to laugh with the elder.

"it's okay, hyung. i understand.. it must've been a lot to take in?" jungkook asked, watching the elder male nod, reaching out to idly hold jungkook's hand; and the younger male felt his cheeks heat up, letting the elder play with his fingers.

"i uh.. wanted to take you out. on a dinner.. is.. is that okay?" namjoon would ask, eyebrows furrowed together as he looked down, not even lifting his gaze up to meet jungkook's, too afraid to face rejection at this point.

but jungkook would grin, leaning up to kiss the corner of namjoon's lips, almost tearing up. "wait really?" he'd whisper and ask, watching namjoon look up at him, nodding right away.

"yeah.. i.." namjoon felt too overwhelmed, nodding right away at jungkook's words, reaching out to pull him gently close to himself, resting his chin on jungkook's shoulder.

".. i think i would like it if we could start over? i.. i know im asking for a lot but.. can we?" namjoon would ask, hearing a hum from the youngee, either of the tightening their holds onto each other, probably until jungkook remembered something.

"hyung.. but what about the person you're dating?"

"ah yunmi... i'll.." namjoon would pause, gently pulling away from the hug to look at jungkook, biting down onto his lip.

"I'll tell her, soon.. i promise i will, she's already stressed about something.. i wouldn't pile this up on her.. it's not good for the baby.." he'd whisper, letting his hands softly run over the expanse of jungkook's back.

and the male's liked this. the soft silence they shared, glad it didn't feel awkward but comforting instead, their frames tangled together, as close as theh could physically be right now.

"so.. when do you leave new york?" namjoon would ask, reaching out to gently tuck jungkook's hair behind his ear, watching the younger male scrunch his nose.

"I'll leave the day after tomorrow.. why?"

"i was hoping i could take you out to the dinner tomorrow?" the elder would ask, eyes concentrated down onto jungkook's face, smiling when he received an affirmative answer.

four years, he's spent four years away from jungkook, resenting over something that didn't even happen.

"i won't mess up this time.. i promise" namjoon would whisper, pressing a soft kiss atop jungkook's forehead.

"i love you, hyung.." the younger of them two would timidly whisper, feeling too shy now that either of them felt too vulnerable, earning another kise atop his temple.

"i love you too, precious.. a lot."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀