Chapter Nine

"Emmett, I have to say, your mate is cute and sweet, but she's just a little bit psycho

"Emmett, I have to say, your mate is cute and sweet, but she's just a little bit psycho." Rosalie said, as she and Emmett waited for Piper's car in the parking lot of the school.

"Yeah? How do you figure?" He asked, causing Jasper to chuckle.

"You obviously didn't see her stab that boy's hand with a fork during lunch when he went to grab the last bowl of grapes." Jasper commented, as Alice, Dylan, and Rosalie nodded in agreement.

"She's just passionate." Emmett retorted, watching Piper's car pull into the lot.

When Piper stepped out of the car with her bag, the vampires eyes widened when they seen her hoodie.

"She agrees." Dylan said, as the others chuckled.

"At least she knows what she is." Emmett commented, and the others nodded.

"Piper!" Rosalie called before Mark and Paige could call for her.

Mark and Paige scowled at Rosalie and her family, but simply shrugged and walked towards the school. They figured Piper would find them when she wanted to, even if it wasn't for a few hours.

"I like your hoodie." Rosalie commented, a smile on her face.

"Thank you. I figured it described me well." Piper replied, as Jasper smirked.

Jasper and Emmett shared a look, and Jasper's read "I told you so." Emmett scowled at his brother, but a smile was replaced quickly when he looked down at Piper.

"You brought headphones?" Dylan asked, and Piper nodded.

"Yes, since I don't really care much for classes. Besides, most of my classes is hands on work, so I concentrate better when I'm listening to music." Piper replied, causing Rosalie to scoff.

"More like ignore the teachers easier." She murmured, and the girl shrugged with a smirk.

"That's just a plus." She answered, as she walked with the Cullens to the school.

Once they entered the school, Piper had to go off to her first class, which she had shared with Emmett. He sat down next to her once again, and they talked almost the whole class. The teacher was grading papers for the day, so he didn't care that the students were talking. He believed they were all talking about their projects, but obviously he was wrong.

When class ended, Emmett walked Piper to her next class that she shared with Paige. Paige was waiting at their shared desk, her arms were crossed and a smirk was laying on her lips. Piper approached the table and sat down next to her friend.

"So, you've replaced Mark and I with the Cullens." Paige said, causing the girl to frown.

"No, not exactly, but I--" Piper began, but the other girl simply chuckled and shook her head.

"Don't worry about it, Piper. We'll be here when they inevitably make you upset. They're not normally known for talking to people outside of their family, so I have a feeling you won't be hanging out with them for too long. Even if it's until the end of the year, Mark and I will still be here for you." Paige said, causing Piper to frown.

Piper felt like Paige was a bit jealous of her friendship with the Cullens, but she didn't say anything. She was glad her friend was still willing to be her friend, though she was now friends with the Cullens, but the girl didn't have to be so harsh about it.

"Are we still on for La Push?" Paige asked, as she looked over at Piper.

"Yeah, I think it'd be fun." Piper replied, and Paige smiled.

The class ended, and soon so did the next one. Lunch time had approached faster than Piper had anticipated, but she was hungry, so she was glad it had come so soon. Walking through the lunch line, Piper grabbed a bowl of grapes and a bowl of glazed strawberries and bananas, before snatching a bottle of fruit punch from the cooler. As she went to grab a bag of chili cheese fritos, someone stuck their hand out to grab the last bag as well. Piper slapped their hand harshly, before snatching the bag and placing it on her tray. She gave the kid a dirty look, before walking away from the lunch line.

"See what I mean?" Jasper commented, looking over towards Piper.

"Now I see it." Emmett replied, a grin on his face.

Alice jumped from her seat and skipped over to Piper, grabbing the girl's arm lightly to get her attention.

"Come sit with us." Alice said, and Piper bit her lip.

"But my friends, I--" Piper began, before Alice cut her off.

"They'll understand, Piper. I promise." Alice replied, sending the girl a smile.

Piper agreed, and when she walked passed Paige and Mark she waved at them. The couple waved back, knowing the girl was going to sit with the Cullens. There wasn't any bad blood between the couple and Piper, but they were a bit angry at the Cullens for stealing their friend. She was their friend first, before the family came through and snatched her away from them.

"Would you like to go shopping this weekend?" Alice asked, as she looked over st the girl sitting between Emmett and Jasper.

"I'm supposed to be going to La Push with Paige and Mark." Piper said, causing Emmett to scowl.

"Oh," Alice replied, frowning slightly,"What about next weekend?" She asked, and Piper shrugged.

"That works for me, but I can't make any promises." Piper answered, making Alice smile again.

"Don't worry, you'll be able to come. I have a feeling you'll have fun, too." Alice said, as her family glanced at her discreetly.

Alice held a smile on her face for the rest of lunch, as Piper conversed with the whole family. Jasper wasn't attracted to her blood like he was everyone else in the school, but he wasn't taking any chances. If he was being honest, Piper felt familiar and calming to him, and from what he could tell from all of his siblings, she felt the same way to them as well. He hoped she would be close to them forever, even if that meant she'd have to be one of them eventually...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I took a few days off, but only to read and have a bit of a break. I don't do it too often, but I do sometimes.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx