Chapter Ten

Though she went to La Push with Paige and Mark, she did not plan to be anywhere near the water

Though she went to La Push with Paige and Mark, she did not plan to be anywhere near the water. The days were too cold to be by the water. Mark and Paige surfed for a bit, while Piper laid on the hood of the couple's car and listened to her music. She loved being outdoors, as long as she wasn't too cold or too hot. Normally she really didn't feel the cold, but she could easily get hot. She often wore hoodies and such to give people the illusion that she wasn't a psycho who liked cold weather.

As she was laying on the car with her eyes on the cloudy sky, she felt a tap on her leg, causing her to jump to sitting position with her fists raised to fight. She shook her head and laughed when she seen Jacob Black and two of his friends staying by the car. She quickly pulled her earbuds from her ears and shoved her mp3 player into her hoodie pocket.

"Hey, Jake. Who's your friends?" She asked, as she crossed her legs.

"Oh, that's Embry Call, and that's Sam Uley." He replied, pointing at his friends as he said their names.

"Hello boys, and what do I owe the pleasure of your interruption for?" She commented, a smirk playing on her lips.

"We were playing soccer when Sam noticed you were by yourself." Embry said, as Jacob nodded in agreement.

"I figured I could introduce my friends to the older Swan sister. The girl who bullied me when we were younger." Jacob commented, causing the girl to shove him playfully.

"I can still beat your ass if you want." She retorted, and he scoffed.

"As if." He murmured, making her quickly jump off the car.

"Wanna bet?" She asked, but he quickly shook his head.

"No, I'd rather not embarrass you in front of them, and you're wearing white, so--" He began, before she cut him off.

"You mean you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of your friends." She said, causing his friends to laugh.

Piper smirked, before she grabbed Jacob's arm and in one quick movement, she had his arm twisted and behind his back. His eyes widened, as she applied more pressure and actually made it hurt a little. He winced, as he tried to get her to let him go.

"Tap, or I'm going to make you eat dirt." She said, causing him to groan when she tightened her grip again.

He quickly tapped, getting her to let him go. His friends laughed again, as they pushed the boy teasingly for losing to a girl.

"I've got to go, but feel free to come back as long as you're not bullying me again." Jacob said, before he quickly ran off.

"You scared him away." Embry commented, as he laughed.

"Don't worry, he always comes back for more." Piper replied, and the boys smirked.

"We should probably follow him so he doesn't think we befriended his bully." Sam joked, before he and Embry ran off.

"Who were they?" Mark asked, causing the girl to turn towards the couple.

"They were good looking." Paige commented, and Piper laughed.

"Those were a few boys from the rez. I've known them for a while." She somewhat lied, so Paige and Mark didn't think she was making even more friends without them.

"Did you like any of them?" Paige asked, her eyebrow lifted and a smirk was on her face.

"Not like that." Piper answered, causing the other girl to groan in annoyance.

"Paige, I think she has a thing for the muscly Cullen. I believe his name is Emmett." Mark said, and Paige grinned mischievously.

The couple turned towards Piper with suggestive smiles on their faces, causing the girl's face to turn red slightly with a blush. She never really thought about how she felt about Emmett Cullen, but as Paige and Mark seemed to interrogate and tease her, she couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed. She never really felt embarrassed about anything, but as they teased her, she began to wonder about how she felt about Emmett.

"So, do you like him?" Paige asked, causing the other girl to furrow her eyebrows.

"Who?" The girl asked, flashing an innocent smile.

"Emmett! Do you like Emmett?!" Mark exclaimed, making Piper shush him.

"I don't know, but if you get any louder the entire reservation with think I do." Piper retorted, causing Mark to laugh.

"How do you not know if you have feelings for Emmett?" Paige asked, which forced a sigh from Piper.

"I haven't thought about it. I've been so caught up with day to day life, that I haven't really thought about my feelings." Piper replied, causing her friends to nod.

Mark and Paige decided it was time to leave when they seen that Paige's sister was arriving. Piper climbed into the backseat of the car, before Mark drove her home. As soon as she was home, the girl went to her room and threw herself down on her bed. She kicked off her shoes, since she hated when anyone would wear shoes on their bed. Once her shoes were off, she kicked back on her bed and laid staring at the ceiling. She decided to think about everything Mark and Paige had questioned her about, which made her feel a little nervous.

Piper had feelings for someone before, and she had other relationships, but she never felt so flustered when thinking about her feelings before. She didn't want to be disappointed by her feelings not being returned, but she also didn't want to upset anyone if she didn't return feelings either. She closed her eyes, clearing her mind of everything but her feelings. She decided to listen to her heart and finally figure out if she was really feeling something for Emmett, or if it was just a platonic friendship.

"Why is this so hard to figure out?" She asked herself, sighing slightly.

Feelings had never been harder to figure out in her life...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, should she become friends with Sam as well since he's older, or no?

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx