Chapter Nineteen

Emmett stayed by Piper's bedside until she woke up. Once she had woken up, she was brought to a mirror to see herself. Her skin was a bit paler than normal, but she still had a bit of a tan, luckily for her. Her eyes were red though, which was definitely scary. She knew she was fast and strong, since she was like them, but that didn't stop her from wondering if she needed to breath and such like a human. She did realize that she didn't blink the entire time, and she was surprised that her eyes weren't sore or dry.

"Jasper wants to teach you to feed and how to control yourself around humans. Are you fine with that?" Emmett asked, causing Piper to nod.

"Are you ready to go on your first hunt?" Jasper asked, walking into the room, and Piper agreed.

Jasper reached out his hand and took hers, before leading her out of the house. Once they were in the woods, Jasper nodded for her to run, and run she did. She was fast, but not too fast for Jasper. The two found deer, so Jasper showed her how to attack the deer and feed on it, and he was surprised with how clean she was about it. He swore all other newborns were never that clean, but he figured maybe she was just a clean person.

"You're almost professional at this already." Jasper commented, causing Piper to smile.

"Do you think I will have a gift like you and Alice?" Piper asked, but Jasper simply shrugged.

"I don't know, but as you learn to handle being a vampire, we'll be able to find out if you have a gift or not." He replied, and she nodded.

Jasper lead the girl back to the Cullen house where Carlisle now inhabited.

"Your parents now believe you're gone. I talked them into having you cremated, meaning they won't see your body. So, you're in the clear from that, but you'll have to stay hidden until we leave Forks." Carlisle stated, and Piper sighed.

"It sucks that I had to trick them into thinking I'm dead." Piper replied, causing Carlisle to nod.

"I know, but it's easier this way; safer." He answered, smiling down at her.

While Jasper and Carlisle talked about her hunting skills, Piper left to hang out with Alice and Rosalie. When she entered the room, the girls ran up and hugged her.

"You look amazing!" Rosalie complimented, knowing Piper wasn't too sure about herself yet.

"Oh, prom is in a two days, were you going to go?" Alice asked, causing Piper to shake her head.

"Wasn't planning on it. I'm not a fan of formal dances. There's too many touchy teenagers there." She replied, causing the girls to laugh.

"You'll be seeing Bella the day after prom. She wants to see you, and apologize for what happened." Alice said, but Piper shook her head.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Piper murmured, before she quickly ran out of the room.

Piper went straight to Emmett's room, and wasn't surprised when she found him in there. He was playing Mario Kart on his wii. When he seen her come into the room, he paused the game and looked at her.

"I was expecting you to stay down there with the girls longer, otherwise I would've waited on you to pick a game." He commented, causing Piper to sigh.

"I left them because they started talking about Bella. I don't think it's a good idea that I see Bella so soon." Piper said, and Emmett nodded.

"I get that, and I will stand by whatever you choose. If you don't want her around you, that's fine. You and I can stay up here, or we can go hunting with Jasper. It's whatever you want." He replied, making a smile appear on her face.

"I'd rather go out hunting, that way she can't come find me." Piper answered, causing Emmett to nod once again.

Emmett knew Jasper had heard them, so he didn't have to worry about telling him anything. He also knew Alice was going to be disappointed that he didn't try to push Piper to see Bella, but Piper was scared and didn't want to see her, so Emmett was going to stand by his mate and every one of her decisions. Besides, she was a newborn, and it wasn't exactly safe to have her around humans, especially ones with such a strong smell like Bella. Jasper had trouble around her, so a newborn definitely would.

"Jasper said I could possibly find out if I have a gift while I learn to live as a vampire." Piper commented, as she sat down next to Emmett.

"Do you have a gift that you really want?" Emmett asked, pressing play on his game once again.

"Not really, but after watching The Vampire Diaries for so many years, compulsion would be kind of cool." She said, and Emmett nodded.

"It would, but I've never heard of our kind having that type of gift. Maybe you'll get something awesome, like talking to animals or something." He commented, causing her to laugh.

"As if," She replied,"if I got that, I would be so disappointed, unless I could control them. I could have my own army of spider monkeys or rabbits." She added, making Emmett laugh loudly.

"That would be so cool!" Emmett exclaimed, as she nodded in agreement.

"Imagine me turning all of the bunnies against Edward in the woods." She said, causing them both to laugh again as they imagined the sight.

For the first time in hours, Piper finally felt normal again. At first she felt a little different, which wasn't horrible, but now she felt like her normal self again. She didn't want to be different, not in a bad way, so she hoped to feel normal once again. Hanging out with Emmett made all of her worries disappear. He made her feel normal, and that's all she could ask for in that moment...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, there's only a couple more chapters after this.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx