Don't die

Light slowly made it's way to Ranboo's face, making him open his eyes. He looked around slowly, squinting. He was laying on something, something soft. It was dark, but not too dark, for the only source of light was the open blinds.

Ranboo slouched once he sat up, paused for a moment, then stretched. He looked around slowly, then his eyes widened when he realized where he was; he was back home. But how? He was just at Sapnap's house, right? Or was it only a dream...

The tall man quickly turned to his side to grab his phone, but stopped when he saw a piece of paper laying on his nightstand. He cautiously picked it up. It was covered in words, it was a note. It read;

You passed out at Sapnap's house, he was looking for people that might have known you around town, and luckily he found me. I took you home, so if you're reading this, don't worry about how you got here. Stay home, man, you need to rest.

~ Techno

Ranboo sighed, so it wasn't a dream. At least nothing terrible had happened. He stared down at the note a moment longer before throwing it in his trash bin, picking up his phone, and heading for the door. He didn't want to stay locked up in his house all day, and he had some things he wanted to do; Visit Ponk, then head off to the cafe, if he can even make it.
What time is it..

He turned on his phone:
8:23 am
Not a bad time to get to the hospital, it opens at 8:40, and by the time he'd get there it would be open. Ranboo opened his door slowly, making sure not to make any noise in case Techno was near. He closed it and locked it, which made some noise.

When he turned to Techno's apartment, he wasn't there. Probably off at work or something. Too bad he works on Sundays. Well, not too bad. It's saved Ranboo the trouble of getting caught leaving.

Ranboo stuffed his keys in the same pocket as his phone and started to make his way to the hospital.

.  .  .

He got there at 8:45, five minutes late. Though he wasn't actually timed to be here.. he liked to tell if he would've been late or not. Ranboo went inside the hospital, the same lady was sat at the desk. She was just leaving though, so Ranboo stopped her.

"Excuse me?" He shouted slightly.

The women turned around to look at him. She kind of paused, and stared at Ranboo for a moment. She probably recognized him. The women had long hair, one half brown and the other white, it almost reached to her feet. She wore glasses, and had rings on all her fingers. Not that she didn't look like that before, though, seemed to be her usual style.

"Oh.. you're that guy from a few weeks ago, right?"

He nodded, "I want to visit Ponk again."

"Alright, go on ahead, I've got something to do anyways."

She then ran off to another room. Ranboo blinked. He never even got her name, but that didn't matter. Didn't he have to check in or something? He couldn't quite remember if he did something like that last time. He stared off at the room she went into, then shrugged and went inside the elevator.

He did the same as before, pressed the third floor button, came out the elevator and walked up to Ponk's door. He paused once he'd gotten there. What if he passed out again? But he doesn't feel as sick as before..

Ranboo hesitantly knocked on the door, and the same voice called out "Come in"
He slowly opened the door, closing it behind him. Ponk was looking down at his arm, messing with the bandages. He still had that note, it was set down on the nightstand next to his bed. Behind the note was a bouquet of flowers, specifically orchids.

He perked up when the door opened, a smile crossing his face as he saw it was Ranboo. His face was awfully pale, and there were bags under his eyes.
"Hello, Ranboo! I'm glad you've come.."

"Hi, Ponk." Ranboo went over to sit in the chair next to the patients bed.

"Ranboo, how have you been?"

"Mm.. not the best, I caught a fever."

"Oh, then what are you doing here?" He sounded concerned, which made Ranboo frown. He didn't want anybody to worry for him, he was fine. It was just a fever.

"I wanted to see you, like I promised."

"You could have come anytime," he coughed "you know. It's not like I'll be leaving anytime soon."

Ranboo tilted his head to the side "What do you mean by that?"

"Oh right.. uh... You know my arm, Ranboo?"

He nodded.

"Well, you see, the funny thing is, I lost it cuz I got mugged in an alley way. It's really silly, I'm usually more cautious, you know. The guy was wearing all black, I couldn't really see his face, but he slashed my arm with this knife he had.." he spoke quietly, "turns out it was covered in poison."

He chuckled, then broke out into a small coughing fit. He wiped his chin and looked back to Ranboo, who was frowning.
"Ah.. don't worry, man. The doctors said they had to amputate my arm cuz the poison practically slaughtered that part of it. They said the poison was quote, "new to them"."

He sighed shakily, then put his hand on his half arm. "Some poison is still in me, actually. They put it to me simply, that I was going to die no matter what. They only got rid of my arm because that was where most of the poison was, and they wouldn't want all of that to get to me. They really just, told me that I'm gonna die, and gave me sort of.. some extra time to live, I suppose."

They both stayed quiet. Ranboo was fumbling with his fingers, staring at Ponk's arm. "So.. there's nothing they can do...?"

Ponk shook his head, then smiled. "Let's change the topic, yeah?"
He turned to the flowers, "Sam was just here today, a bit before you came in. He gave me those flowers.. but he had to leave for work, too bad."

"Where does he work?"

"The cafe just down town, I'm sure you've seen it, right?"

"Oh, yeah, I've been there plenty. I always go on Sundays. How come I've never seen him there?"

"He's the manager!"

Ranboo's eyebrows raised, "Oh, really? That's cool, that's cool.."

"Have you been there yet?"

"No, I'm going after I leave here."

"Ah, alright.." He looked away from the flowers and back to Ranboo, no longer smiling. He had a concerned look on his face, which made Ranboo a bit scared. He wasn't going to tell him off about leaving his house, right? Hopefully not.

"Ranboo... Let me give you some" he coughed again, "advice— don't push too hard on yourself, you gotta give yourself a break, sometimes, man," He started coughing again, and put his hand over his mouth.
"Sorry.." he cleared his throat, "Don't end up like me, please"

Ranboo frowned, staring at Ponk for a moment. "I won't.."

He smiled and laughed a bit, but that only caused him to cough harder. "Good," He coughed again after that, a lot more than before. He put his hand on his mouth, again.

Ranboo looked at him with a startled expression, starting to get up from his chair. "Ponk, are you alright? Should I get a nurse–"

"No, I'm fine..." He spoke through coughs, his voice came out raspy and muffled. He took his hand off his mouth and looked down at it. There was blood dripping from his mouth, drops of it on his hand. He panicked, and started coughing again.

Ranboo ignored Ponk's words, and quickly went over to the door. By the time he had gotten there, Ponk had taken his hand off his mouth, so he didn't notice the blood.
"Ponk, I'm getting a nurse, I'll be back soo—"

He froze. A long, beep noise was coming from the monitor next to Ponk's bed, a green line shown on it. His breathing quickened, his grip on the door knob tightened. Ponk... was dead.

~