Devils Don't Cry Part 3

~ The next morning

Swords, blades and daggers. They were scattered everywhere, along with magazines. Dante, Nero, and the women names Nico were fast asleep. They were totally out of it, and I couldn't sleep. The so-called men snored so stinkin loud it kept me awake. I would of loved to throw a pillow at their face so they would knock it out. I voted against it though.

 Pulling myself off the couch next to where Nero was out cold. I unlocked the van quietly. I stepped out for fresh air.

I felt surprisingly better enough to walk. The gross part was that I haven't been able to wash my clothes, and I wanted a bath really badly. I think I saw a shower built into the van, but I wasn't sure if I should use it, not when they were passed out.

I was tired, but I felt uneasy about this place still swarming with demons sometimes. I couldn't defend myself yet. Not too long later after I walked far away from the van I could hear a voice calling to me.

"Hey, wait up." It was Nero. I could hear him running in my direction. His long dark blue coat swayed. "You know you shouldn't be out alone, it's not safe." I averted my eyes. "You guys snor loud...." I mumbled. Nero blinked, putting a hand up on his head. "Aaah..., sorry bout that." 

I looked up at the morning sun, it was peaceful. It warmed my face. " Nero." "Yes??" He looked at me. "I want to fight..too." He was speechless. "I know I must sound stupid, I may not be half-devil like you, but there has to be something I can do."

"Hmmm.." Nero scratched his head. " Well, maybe Nico can make you a weapon, something to fit your size. What do you like? gun, swords, bow?" 

" I kinda want a sword, something not too heavy though I might die trying then." Nero laughed at my words. "Can't have that." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Dante told me you don't remember much prior to a few days." I shake my head. "No..I don't" 

"Sorry to hear that, hey I have a small mission coming up if you want to come with me. I just need to go clean up the streets from demons. Of course, after you feel better."

"Sounds fun actually. I'll die of boredom after a while." After I said that, I felt a sharp sting in my back. It made me hunch forward a bit. "tch ow.."  "___..! you okay?" He held a hand under me to steady my form. I nod. "Yeh..., it still hurts a bit.." With that Nero turned his back to me. "Here, I'll carry you back if you'd like." He waited patiently kneeling on the ground. "W-why do you want to help me..?" I questioned. Nero's breath hitched. "Dante.., trusts you. You also have nowhere to go, you seem nice. I'm not the kind of guy to just leave someone on the streets to those bloodsuckers. I also want to help.., it was the way Dante spoke of you. Will you let us.. help you?" He threw question back at me, his voice held concern. He still looked away. I felt my heart pound inside me. "As far as I could remember n-no one care about be enough to act like this with me. So..thank you, all of you." I slowly walked to Nero taking his offer I put my arm on his shoulder. 

The second Nero stood up, I felt my heart almost stop. There was another man with silvery hair standing before us. 'Oh.., no what now..?' I thought. Something about his look, face, and everything freaked the ever-living life out of me. It caused me to go so tense that I dug my fingers into Nero's back. 

"Soo... I heard Dante found human women." A low grumble voice came out of the man's mouth. It chilled me to the bone. Nero's grip tightened on me. God he was so intimidating, I spotted a katana at his side. "State you're business with my son human." His voice was so cold.

"A-a." I could barely speak. Nero sensed something was wrong with me. He wrinkled up his nose. "What do you want with her Vergil." Nero almost hissed. "Ha.. Nero really protecting a woman? Nothing more than small talk. I respect you son but let me ask again. Who are you girl?"

Nero glanced back at me. 'His flippin' dad?!' I was lost in words, it was like he was demanding an answer. "H-hello, Vergil was it. My name is ____. Your son is my friend, along with Dante. They saved me from possible death by demons."

"Hm." Vergil's sharp blue eyes narrow it was like he was staring into soal. I shivered at his gaze, Nero held me tighter just in case. Why was his father being so strange, he never cared at all.

"I see.., it seems my brother and son took a liking to you, very strange indeed." He walked closer to us. He was only a few steps away from me. " If our paths cross again, I hope it will be a peaceful one. Farwell human." Just like that, he vanished into thin air. 'What the hell was that?! what's with him.' I let out a loud sigh, if it wasn't for Nero giving me a piggie back I would of collapsed onto the ground. I leaned my head onto his shoulder. " I thought I was a goner there."

"Yeah I could tell, sorry about that, my father can be very weird. He and Dante didn't have the greatest history. I think he doesn't mind you though." My stomach turned at what just happened.

"He scares me...." I whispered.