❄Brother's Day Of Work🌹

The next day, I was sitting in Dante's office. While the two brothers work.

Sometimes Dante answered the phone, other times Vergil.

Some of it was snow shoveling jobs on streets, requested by the certain store owner. Sure hunting demons was a thing too.

I sat there quietly on the sofa, trying to figure out what to do. There was so much snow outside it wasn't worth going out there. There was nothing to do.

Vergil glanced at me, then at his brother. It looked like I was sad to them.

'.hmm...what the hell will I do?' I was a bit frustrated. Yesterday's event in the mall started to annoy me. Vergil saved me, and so did the other two. How do I repay that??

'UGH!' I wracked my brain.

"...something the matter______?" I heard Vergil's voice, it was softer than usual. I looked up at him, as he sat there at the desk. Dante got up and headed to the coffee/tea maker.

"NO!" I huffed. My unusual cold told, hit the brothers like ice.

'Ookay...somethings not right.' Dante's eyes went wide as he slowly stirred the drink he was making.

The phone rang, leaving Vergil to pick it up. Dante gained a sigh and glare from his brother as he picked up the phone.

After a few moments, Vergil hung up. "Here, this may help." Dante handed me a hot tea. He sensed my annoyance. "Thanks..." I replied.

"So, what was that?" Dante directed the question to Verg. The cold one stood up from his chair. "What else.., shoveling this snow." He picked up the shovel that sat there at the wall.

"Ha.. fine. More snow it is." Dante sighed as he set his cup down. "Well ____, enjoy your time in the office till. You don't have to answer the phone if it rings." Dante patted my shoulder.

"..sure, but can't I go?"

Vergil looked at me and shook his head. "I don't recommend it, it is still stormy."

"Ugh...but what am I gonna do??

Sighing Vergil went over to the desk and picked up yamato, then walked over to me and set the sheathed sword on my lap. I held my cup up away from it in surprise. 

"Uhh..?"

"Watch this for me then, don't cut yourself with it." Before he walked back to his brother he gave me that odd softer look as if it was V. I averted my gaze a bit. I held back a blush, unsure about that. "Alright fine." Vergil was patient with me, he didn't want to break the small bond we have formed. He buried a few of his feelings since he last mentioned it.

The brother nods and stepped out, the strong wind and snow blasted inside as they left.

"....I could call Nero..." I looked down seeing yamato resting on my lap. Vergil must trust me a lot with it.

I stood up and walked over to the door, after slipping on the spare coat Vergil gave me of his. I looked out and was greeted with blasting snow. Along with I spotted Vergil standing on top of a building ahead, with his arms crossed. His head almost instantly turned to look in my direction.

I thought I was in trouble for a moment, he only glanced at me, then down where Dante was shoveling.

I blinked only for a second when Vergil suddenly appeared inches from my face. His really tall form towering over me. "Oh.!" I really gasped in shock.

"Yes?" He said in a slightly sharp voice. "I uh w-what?" I coughed. "You shouldn't be standing here, you will get ill." He starts. I took a step back away from him. The man really needs to stop scaring me when he suddenly teleports.

"Speak." He says.

"I uh.. was thinking about what you said a while go. About you and....me."

Vergil shut the door behind him and stepped inside. "Look, you do not need to force yourself for my sake. I can wait for whatever the answer or reason is. I'm not like my idiot brother.

Vergil was more refined than Dante in some ways, that was one thing I liked about him. I reached out and grabbed his sleeve, pulling on it slightly. He furrowed his brows, seeing me avert my gaze from him.

"I..." I bit my lip, feeling embarrassed and sort of scared to say this. This would be new to me.

"I....want to try... to see if this can work, B-BUT!" My tone rose for a moment. "Take is R-really slowly..! and...I still want privacy, and alone time whenever I need it." 'W-why the hell do I feel so rattled!??? RElax it's not like he's gonna cut me down. R-right?!?'

We both went completely silent as I waited for a reply.