*Chapter two*

Image above is Susan

~OVIE'S POV~

We all proceeded to the dining table to eat the hot spicy indomie Williams cooked. Not to lie, but this food is the definition of disgusting...Who doesn't know how to prepare noodles!

I know Susan was trying her best to swallow the food, using the cold glass of orange juice.

"Okay" Susan began as she wiped her mouth with a napkin then cleared her throat "So you'll be leaving for Lagos first thing in the morning, cause I heard your interview is by two in the afternoon"

"Yeah" I dryly answered, playing with the food

"So let's do a little rehearsal before tomorrow" Susan said, looking all excited as if they were about to crown me Miss Nigeria tomorrow, it's job a fucking house help job. "Imagine me as Mrs Remi, who in the name of Jesus..Amen, will be your boss"

"Excuse you?" Not actually grabbing her point

"What don't you get? You have to learn how Lagosians answer questions, before you go there and exhibit your yeye South Africa lifestyle, okay?"

"First of all, we're both the same...Me and you both need money, so stop acting like you're any better than me" I shot

"At least I'm the one that makes a little effort to get things done...You think I enjoy sleeping with those idiot bastards for money!!!...You think!?" Susan yelled, hitting her fist on the wooden table and making a loud bang.

"You girls should___"

"Stay out of this Williams!!" We both chorused

That's when Susan began to sniff and tears started dropping from her eyes. I hate when Susan ends our arguments with crying, making me look like a really bad person.

"Em, I'll excuse you both now" Williams said, standing up and walking out

"Okay I'm sorry...Must you always be the one to be felt pity for?, you know my tear glands are still working perfectly" I laughed

Susan looked at me, "Ovie, when you're going tomorrow, can you please try your best. I think it's time we stop being on the same level"

Okay, she's still mad

"Com'on Suzzy"

"Abeg just leave me alone" standing up and leaving the table

Wow!

~~~~~~~

The next day, I woke up super early and Williams drove me, we didn't need flight, Osun wasn't so far. The ride was silent and uncomfortable. No Susan to talk and make those her funny comment. It was just me and this man.

"So are you ready for this" Williams began

I turned to him sharply, "Why are you talking to me?. You know I hate your guts and the only reason why I'm stuck in a car with you is because...I'm homeless....And, Poor"

He made a loud chuckle that wanted to just make me remove my slippers and slap his ugly face, "What did I do that you hate me this much?"

"Let's just say I hate cheats"

"Cheats?...Who I'm I cheating on?"

"Your wife?, with Susan...Infact why I'm I even having this conversation with you" Turning my head to the window.

"Susan is my friend, not my girlfriend...I accommodated you because she is my friend"

What a liar