*Chapter four*

~OVIES POV~

It's been almost a week since I've been working in this Mansion. Mrs Remi is never around and I have to mind how I move in order not to bump into Dayo. He literally makes my breath seize. I made sure I did my things and never got in his way.

I was cleaning up the counter in the dining when my eyes travelled to two ladies leaving the mansion. This wasn't a new sight for me as everyday, different girls used to come and go. No angel had to tell me that they were all whores with their heavy makeup and short tight clothes.

The one thing that disgusts me about Master Dayo.

After finishing the work, I walked towards the glass door, as I opened it to welcome the cold yet soothing breeze to touch my body. I walked into the garden wandering freely under the night sky.

Since Mrs Remi was not around and no one seems to care about me intruding in the huge garden, I decided to take a stroll and just cool off.

I wrapped my arms around my body as I closed my eyes, standing in the middle of the extensive garden, surrounded by colourful flowers and everlasting green leaves, I moved my chin up and looked at the night sky.

That's when tears started streaming down my cheeks at the thought of that night. That night my parents threw me out of the house because I was a burden....Their only child was a burden. I breathed in the fresh air one last time before turning around to get back in.

I got into my room, and took off my maid outfit. I opened my box to search for a something when I spotted the red lingeries with matching lace robes that Susan had stubbornly bought for me.

I didn't know what hit my mind but I thought of trying it. I took the red lingerie and wore it, standing in front of the mirror my eyes widened... I never thought I would look this....What's the word..

Sexy

After getting ready to sleep, I became thirsty and decided to go fetch some cold water from the kitchen. It was 1AM and I knew no one would be there. As I was about to open the fridge...

The lights were turned on and I suddenly heard a voice, "Who's that?" He asked and I almost sheet in on myself.

I slowly turned, I wish the ground can just open and swallow me right now, "It's me Sir"

He let out a sigh of relief, and then sat on the stool. "Can't sleep?"

"I can, just wanted to grab water" I said while opening the fridge and taking a bottle of water. After I had gulped the amount of water I wanted, I turned to leave.

"Ovie" He called and I stopped in my tracks turning to look at him, "Yes Sir"

"I know It's kind of informal but can we talk?" He said pulling out the stool beside him.

I was actually shocked that the all handsome powerful Dayo wanted to have a chat with me...Me people, the Refugee that has nothing.

I took a seat right next to him feeling quite uncomfortable because of the outfit I was putting on.

"I'm sorry if this sounds weird to you but right now I can't get any sleep and I just need someone to talk to...Equally you're being paid for this, you're my personal assistant" He said, chuckling at the ending part, " At least that's what my mother calls it"

I didn't respond, just nodded my head slightly.

What on earth I'm I supposed to say?!, I'm seated with one of the most handsome men I've met in my entire life. It's only normal that my heart remains in my mouth...I've already started having sweating palms.

"Well ever since my dad died, the whole family has been looking up to me with his company and sometimes they refer to me as a disgrace. I'm asked to do this, go to this meeting, sign this contract and even marry a girl I don't love...Sometimes I feel that I just gonna die of hypertension soon" He said, pouring himself a glass of alcohol

"Mr Dayo___"

"Just call me Dayo"

"Em, okay. Dayo, if you want real talk, I think it's your responsibility and it will be a honor to your late father to see his son finishing up from where he stopped. I really don't know, but don't do it because of the family pressure or anything...Do it because of your father and because it's the right thing to do"

He looked at me for a while, I could feel his eyes piercing my skin.

"You're smart and beautiful...How do you do it?" That cocky play boy tone coming on. I let out a small smile then stood up.

"It's late Sir. I have to go to bed now"

"Why?, you want to leave your boss all alone..." Beckoning me back to seat

I groaned in my head then sat back. Watin na!, this guy should allow me it's midnight.

"Sir you need to go to sleep, you know you'll be leaving early of the office" I said

"Don't bother your pretty head about that. So tell me Ovie, how did you end up here? As my personal assistant per say"

"Er, I was never really the rich kid and I needed a job then found myself here" I said in the shortest way possible, he didn't need to know the details. "I know right, my life is sad"

Dayo made a chuckle then said, "The rich also cry darling...Not everyone you think is living the good life. Even those of us in the Island"

I laughed a little, "May be if we switch for a day and your landlord kicks you out of the house...You'll understand"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be comparing my life to yours" shooting me a lovely smile, "I really feel good talking to you Ovie"

"Anytime Sir, I mean...Dayo"

"So since you're my personal assistant even if honestly my mom used that word to win you over...Wanna hang out tomorrow?"

"Me?"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Hope you enjoyed this chapter...I really appreciate some people that are dropping by

anie_usangaand OgolomaErica

It's been a pleasure. Don't forget to share, vote and comment

I love you all my readers

Till we meet again