Chapter 3: A New Life

Liu woke up in the forest, giant trees were above him, and it was dead silent. Suddently, Liu started hearing a loud ringing on his ears, he grabbed them and close his eyes on pain, as the ringin intensified, he woke up again in a hospital room. It was just a nightmare.

As his vision got less blurry, he saw Jessica and Ethan speaking with a doctor, he couldn't make out what was being said, before they realized that he'd woken up.

"Hi honey! How are you?" Said Jessica, dressed on her police uniform as she walked to Liu's side and sat in a chair.

"What happened...?" Said Liu, still trying to fully woke up.

"Well...after you leaved to get back to your home... you came back to our home wounded, so we took you to the hospital... Can you remember what happened?"

"I..." Liu started remembering the pain, the agony he suffered last night, he remembered being on the floor spitting blood, as his father kept kicking him over, and over again. He remembered the pain when he jumped out the window, and the glass pierced his body. Liu started crying, he tried to tell Jessica what happened, but the words just wouldn't come out.

"Honey, hey, look at me... look at me, okay? Nothing can hurt you here... you're safe. I won't let anything happen to you, but I need to know what happened. I need you to tell me what happened... can you do that for me, please?" Jessica hold Liu's hand as his crying stopped, and he tried to calm down.

"It was... it was my father, Mrs. Blake. He did this..." Jessica was speechless, as Liu started crying again. She hugged him trying to calm him down, but her face showed nothing but rage and hate. Jessica was a family person, if there was something that would make her explote, it'd been family abuse.

After Liu stopped crying, Jessica got out of the room with her partner, she got on the police cruiser and drived as fast as she could to the Williams residence, as she drived, she could only think what she'd do to the person responsable for Liu's state. When they got to the house, Jessica opened the door with a kick. Michael was sitting on the couch once again, his fist was bloody, there were blood stains on the floor, and the window was broken.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!" Michael stood up quickly as he heard the door. Jessica said nothing to him as she walked quickly towards him, she punched him on the face, and kicked him to the floor.

"You think you're brave, big guy? Huh?! Let's see how brave you turly are..." Jessica pull out her gun and pointed it directly to Michael's face, the man was clearly frightened, Jessica was about to pull the trigger. But she was interrupted by Ethan.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH! HEY, STOP!" Ethan walked carefully to Jessica's side.

"C'mon Jess... he isn't worth it..."

Jessica stood there for a second, before finally putting her gun back in it's place. Ethan took Michael to the car, Jessica walked behind him. She didn't say a single word on the whole ride to the police station. Luckly Michael was too drunk to remember what had happened, so nobody knew what'd happened inside of that house.

The next morning, Jessica was in the hospital with Jeff. And she received a call that left her speechless.

"Yes... yes, I understand... goodbye." Jessica hang out the phone. After standing there for a moment, she walked over to Liu, and sat next to him.

"Okay... I just got off the phone with the social worker, she offered me a very... abrupt proposal..." She looked at Liu as she continued. "Liu... you don't have any family besides your father... right?"

"No, I don't..." Liu was confused for a second.

"... and.. would you like to be a part of our family...?"

Liu was shocked when he heard this proposal, he could only thought about how'd it feel to have a normal family, how'd it feel to come home and not be afraid to go inside. After thinking for a minute, he finally answered.

"I... yeah, I'd like to..."