Chapter 6: No Other Way

In the Blake residence, the family was having dinner. Jeff ate real food after so much time. He felt good at the time, but inside he knew everything was gonna go wrong. Suddently, Jessica received a call, she picked the phone and got out of the table. The call started like any other one, but as the minutes passed, Jessica seemed more worried, and her expression changed to confusion. She hang up the phone and stood there for a second, before she walked up to Liu.

"Liu... we need to talk, it's... it's important. Come with me."

Jessica led Liu to the backyard.

"Liu, it's... it's your father. I don't know how, but, he's going to get out of prison tomorrow. And he wants your custody."

Liu's face turned into a fearful expression, as Jessica started crying.

"But you can do something, right...? You're a police officer, you can just put him in prison again!" Liu sounded desperate, trying to find a way out of the problem.

"I'm sorry honey, it's... it's not that easy-"

"No, no, you told me this was my home! YOU'RE MY FAMILY! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!!" Liu grabbed Jessica by the shirt desperate.

"I'm sorry... I can't do anything..."

"LIAR!!!" Liu ran into the house to his room. Jessica just stood there, with tears on her eyes.

Liu entered his room and smashed his door breathing heavily. He felt betrayed, the only person who took care of him after so many years betrayed him, he believed in her, he saw her as a mother, and she was just going to abandon him. Liu punched the wall with a furious scream, before sitting on the floor crying.

"It's okay, boy. She might have left you, but I'm still here with you." The voice came from the inside of Liu's mind, he didn't recognized the voice, but he understood who was speaking to him, when a dark figure manifested in front of him. It was the tall man from his dreams. Liu felt scared, but at the same time, he felt like he was safe.

"I can help you, you just need to wait a little more."

"How can you help me...?"

"You'll see."

The next morning, Michael came to the Blake residence to pick up Liu. The boy exited the house, and got into his father's car without saying a word. Jessica looked at Michael with pure rage in her eyes. Liu didn't even looked at Jessica as the car exited the residence.

That same night, Michael was sleeping in the couch with a beer on his hand. Liu walked slowly into the living room, careful not to wake up his father.

"This is your chance, boy. Grab the axe." Said the tall man inside Liu's head.

Liu hesitated for a second, but he finally decided to do as the man said. He walked to the TV, and grabbed the big axe that was hanging above it. Liu saw the blade, which was bright red. He felt the power, a power he'd never felt before, all his life he was weak, he never tried to defend himself. But now it was different, he had all the power, and he decided to use that power to get revenge, the revenge he'd always wanted. Liu raised the axe, and smashed it in Michael's chest. Lots of blood started to come out of the wound, Michael screamed in pain as Liu ripped the axe off his chest. He tried to stand up, but fell to the floor in pain. Liu didn't said a word, as his father started crawling to the door. The boy grabbed the axe tightly, and smashed it on Michael's back, over, and over again. Until his father stopped moving, leaving a gigantic pool of blood on the floor.

"How did it feel?"

"It... it felt... amazing."

In the Blake residence, Jeff was trying not to fall asleep. He didn't wanted to go through the pain of being burned again, he didn't wanted to be tormented by this entity. After some time, Jeff broke in tears, as throughts started filling his head, he wanted to end this, once and for all. He walked to the kitchen, and grabbed the biggest knife he could find, the boy went to the bathroom, he pointed the knife to his heart, and when he was about to kill himself. His mother knocked on the door.

"Jeff, are you okay? I heard you crying..."

Jeff suddently stopped, and became clearly nervous by the situation.

"If you kill yourself, I will personally make her life even worse than yours. I will tear her apart from the inside every single day. But, you can save her from that. All you have to do... is murder her." The man spoke inside Jeff's mind, the boy became visibly frightened at the idea, if he freed himself from this torture, his mother would pay his debt. But the simple thought of him killing her was even worse, he didn't know what to do.

"Jeff? Are you there?"

"Come on, boy. This is your only chance to free her from the pain and agony I'm going to put her through."

Jeff hesitated, lots of thoughts were coming to him, trying to find a way out of this situation. After a few seconds, he slowly openned the door. Jessica looked at her son, and then look at the knife.

"Jeff, what are you doing with that...?"

"Mom... I'm so sorry..."

Jeff tackled Jessica to the floor, he started breathing heavily as he raised the knife. His mind was pure chaos, but he knew this was the only way out of this situation.

"JEFF, JEFF STOP!! YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!!!"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I'M SAVING YOU! I DON'T WANT THIS, BUT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY!!!"

Jeff stabbed his mother in the heart, he started crying while still holding the knife. As Jessica bleeded out.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay... I forgive you... I know that you would never want to hurt anyone..." Jessica put her hand on Jeff's sliced cheek as she bleeded out.

"Please, don't become a monster..."

Jessica stopped moving, as Jeff kept crying on top of her...

After a few minutes, Jeff got out of the house using his face mask, wig and scarf. He was carrying Jessica's body on his arms as he walked out the house. In the street, the tall man and Liu were waiting for him.

"Ready to go home, bro?" Said Liu with a smile on his face. Jeff didn't get why Liu was so happy about this, he felt angry, he wanted to start a fight with Liu. But he was too tired to do that. Jeff just looked at the tall man.

"Can I do something before we go...?" He asked.

A few minutes later, Jeff digged a hole on the ground of the forest. And put Jessica in there. He looked at her with tears on his eyes, before filling the hole with dirt. Jeff walked to Liu and the tall man, he nodded, and they all dissapeared in the air.