Chapter 27

Leah

I sit in my room and wait somewhat impatiently for Alex’s instructions. Nerves roil my stomach, and my knee bounces up and down as I sit on my bed. Penny had me shower and shave what felt like my entire body before slathering myself with some special lotion that she says will heighten my natural scent. She said it would make Alex go crazy.

Nothing wrong with that.

I wasn’t sure where we were going so I put on some of the lace that Penny made me buy on that first shopping trip under some regular clothes, hoping Alex would appreciate my efforts. I stood, pacing anxiously across the room.

‘I can hear you pacing through the floorboards, little one.’ Alex’s amused voice flits through my mind. I can’t help but grin.

‘I can barely contain my excitement, baby.’ I say with as much confidence as I can muster.

‘Well, come downstairs and let me sweep you off your feet.’ He muses and I can almost hear his laughter in my mind.

I leave my room quickly, wiping my sweaty hands on my jeans as I descend the stairs. Once I reach the bottom, I see Alex waiting patiently by the front door for me. When he sees me, his eyes light up and he holds his arms out for me and relief at seeing him floods through me. I throw myself into his arms and he scoops me up close to his chest, tucking his face into my neck. He breathes in deep then lets out a low, guttural growl that makes me shiver in his arms.

“You smell… incredible.” He murmurs, trailing his nose up the column of my neck. I smile shyly at him as I pull away.

“Penny gave me some lotion to bring out my scent.” I say and he growls again, pulling me in tighter. I can feel the hard column of his erection against my stomach and can’t stop the small gasp of surprise.

“Please don’t mention my sister right now.” He pleads before swinging down to collect me in his arms. He tucks me close to him and continues to sniff me as he carries me to his car, slipping me in before buckling my seatbelt.

“Where are we going?” I ask, once he slips in the car next to me.

“It’s a surprise.” He says with a wide smile before winking at me. I chuckle a little and blush when his hand reaches over to hold mine. He entwines our fingers together and runs his thumb in a soothing circle along my skin. The contact both calms me and makes me want him even more.

We drive in a contented silence, my body buzzing with excitement and nerves as I look out the window trying to ascertain where he’s taking me. His eyes keep flitting to me, a small smile taking over his face as he watches me.

“What are you smiling about?” I ask him curiously and he chuckles again.

“You’re practically bouncing in your seat, little one. Do you need to use the bathroom?” He asks, teasing me. I scoff and shake my head.

“No. I’m just excited. I want to see what you’ve done.” I say and he takes a deep breath.

“I hope you like it.” He murmurs, more to himself.

“I don’t think there’s anything you could do that I wouldn’t like.” I say, my voice breathy and dripping with seduction. He growls a little again, more of a warning this time that makes me laugh a full belly laugh. He watches me with amusement, his eyes soft and affectionate.

He pulls up in front of a small, secluded cabin on the edge of the pack and I turn to look at him.

“Where are we?” I ask and he takes a deep breath.

“My family’s cabin. We always came out here for a week or two in the summer. There’s a small pond back there.” He says pointing to a cluster of trees.