Beginnings

She rolled into the Chief's hangar and surveyed it. It was cozy but simple.

His racing trophies stood on top of a shelf and above his desk hung his certification in a frame, the paper worn out from age. 

On his desk stood a framed picture from when he was younger. He stood with an older warplane and an ancient firetruck.

Dusty faced her "So, what is the matter ?" 

Icy-stream looked back at her chief and responded " Remember when we stood in front of the park's map ? And I asked about a certain name ?" she asked.

" Blade ?" He replied.

She nodded. "mhm, would you mind telling me how you got to meet him ?" 

Dusty chuckled " Ever curious, are you ?"

A sheepish smile formed on her face.

" It all began when I was training with my mentor; Skipper. " Dusty started. " He is the warplane in the picture on my desk" 

I suddenly dropped out of the sky, Barely managing to save myself from crashing. I thought it was just a hiccup but Skipper did not agree and he ushered me to go see our mechanic, Bonnie.

She did some testing, When she got the results she told me that my gearbox is broken and that she couldn't replace it because it was produced anymore. She told me i had to slow down, that i couldn't push my meters into the red if i did, i would crash. 

Later that evening I flew out, not wanting to believe I couldn't race anymore.

But with my thoughts somewhere else, I almost flew against a powerline.

I managed to dodge it of course. But in doing so I clipped one of the buildings and it caught on fire.

My friend Mayday who's the fire truck in the picture rushed towards the fire and others helped him. But his equipment was too old and he was struggling to put it out.

Eventually, we all pulled on our water tower making it collapse. Water flooded the ground and smothered the flames.

While the fire was out, the officials weren't pleased about this and the next day they sent an officer.

He came to the conclusion that as long as Mayday didn't get upgraded and Propwash didn't have a second firefighter, we would be closed.

This was a disaster because the annual corn fest was coming up and some of us made big money from that event.

I wanted to help because i felt like it was my fault we got shut down. So I asked mayday If I could become the second firefighter.

Mayday said an old friend of his could train and certify me.

And before i knew it, I was on my way to Piston Peak.