Search and Rescue

The next morning, i woke to my friends back at Propwash Junction calling me over the horn. 

Some days before they had told me they found a new gearbox for me, so naturally i was excited and asked them if it had arrived. 

By the tone they replied in, i knew something was wrong. 

The box was labeled wrong. They had called every repair shop and part supplier in the country but couldn't find any. 

I was saddened and disappointed to hear the news. I told them i had to go and disconnected. While i was staring at the wall i could hear the sirens going off, Maru opened my door. I didn't hear what he said, Only Blade flying by and telling me to get ready. 

While flying Blade explained to the team what was going on. The jumpers had called in that the fire broke containment and had split into 2 separate fires. 

Windlifter and Dipper went to the Coil Springs fire while Blade and i went to White wall rapids. 

I was too distracted with the call i had gotten earlier that i didn't fully hear Blade's orders on what to do. 

He dropped his retardant first, then it was up to me. But because i didn't hear him. I did my drop wrong. 

He confronted me about it. I was stubborn and didn't listen, doing my own thing and flew down to Anchor Lake to fill my tanks. 

The lake was too wild and i fell in, stalling my engine in the process. 

Dusty and Icy-Stream got interrupted when the sirens sounded. Patch informed them that a child had wandered away from their group and was now missing. 

They rolled out Dusty's hangar, "Let's go everyone !" He shouted as loud as he could. 

The team fueled up and followed Dusty. 

" Our missing person is a 7 year old blue Hyundai Tucson. They are an electric car, so let's hope she just ran out of electricity. " He spoke up. 

" She was last seen at Rail Ridge. Jumpers you look around Anchor Lake. Halo once you dropped off the jumpers you help look at Anchor Lake as well.

Dipper, you and Velocity will search around Canopy dome. 

Whiplash and Saber you two will look around Augerin Canyon. Icy-Stream and i will take Rail Ridge." 

"Chief " Saber interrupted. 

Dusty looked at the young Agusta Westland. " Yes ?"

"Would it not be better if you looked around Augerin Canyon? Icy-Stream and yourself are more agile than us." Dusty thought it over and he was right. " You are right, Good thinking Saber. You two take Rail Ridge, We will head to Augerin Canyon."

"Yes, sir" He replied. 

The Search lasted a good few hours, just when the sun was setting. Dipper called, saying that they found her. 

Dusty ordered Dipper to circle around the child to give the Jumpers a lead on where to go. The rest of the team went back to base. 

Landing back at base, Dusty motioned for Icy to follow him back into his hangar. He closed the door behind them. " Let's continue ". 

Icy-Stream made sure she stood comfortable and listened to Dusty as he continued the story.