Chapter 4

Izuku woke up to his phone's alarm. It was quiet enough that it wouldn't wake the other residents, but loud enough that Izuku wouldn't sleep through it. Not like that would be a problem, his online teachers posted video lessons rather than live sessions so it wasn't like he'd miss anything.

But he did want to get into a schedule, at least until his leg was healed and it would be kicked to the curb.

He smacked his hand around on the desk, searching for his phone. Only when he successfully turned it off did he roll onto his back and sit up. He scratched his head, attempting to tame the wild beast he called hair. It just stood back up.

He opted out of changing out of his sleepwear and instead headed towards the bathroom. Luckily for him and his bladder, the bathroom was just down the hall. He quickly did his business and set about brushing his teeth.

He looked up at the ceiling. Yamada's whistling was nearly as loud as his voice. Izuku wondered if it had woken Aizawa up. But then he figured that living with a real-life megaphone trained you to sleep through anything.

Soon enough, Yamada's footsteps paraded down the stairs. Izuku hurried to finish his bathroom routine. He spotted shampoo in the shower, and figured he would take one after the two left.

He had only been there for three days, yet it was easy to slip into routine. Yamada would wake up first at six in the morning, followed by Izuku who was usually woken up by the loud hero's whistling. He would then get back to sleep and wake up at 7:25. Signs that Yamada was even there were in the sink, and Izuku would make his own breakfast. Then Aizawa would grace Izuku with his presence, taking one of the many jelly packets from the fridge. And once he slurped up his "meal", Aizawa would depart for U.A.

Izuku made it to the kitchen right as Yamada started breakfast. He paused at the table, looking around the room. He didn't know why, but something about this scene felt off.

One glance at the stove clock gave him the answer. It was 7:30.

Yamada shot a glance over his shoulder, smiling brightly. "Hey, Little Listener," he said as he cracked two eggs into a pan on the stove. His hair was still down, but he wore his hero outfit.

Izuku returned the greeting and sat down at the table, leaning his crutches against the wall. "Aren't you usually at the radio station?"

Yamada nodded, flipping the eggs. "It's Wednesday, though," he explained. "My show isn't on until 7:30 in the evening."

Izuku nodded, watching as the man continued making breakfast. He would've helped out with it, but his first day there he had been told not to worry about it. Izuku still insisted on doing the dishes, though. Luckily for him, Yamada and Aizawa couldn't really stop him; Yamada was usually gone by the time he woke up, and Aizawa waited until the last possible minute to wake up and leave.

Izuku wondered if the tired man would appreciate breakfast in bed. Those jelly pouches couldn't be holding him off until lunch. Izuku could make a western-style breakfast. He had a weak spot for Beglian waffles. Although he'd have to wait until he could go up a flight of stairs with both hands.

A bowl was placed in front of him, pulling Izuku out of his thoughts. It was a rice bowl with two over-easy eggs on top. Izuku thanked the man and picked up his chopsticks, eager to dive into the meal.

The two froze as a thud came from above. Izuku lowered his chopsticks, egg hanging from between them, and looked at the ceiling.

"Ah," Yamada said, a small smile on his face, "Shouta's awake. Must've rolled off the bed."

Izuku couldn't blame him. He had woken up around 4:30 due to the front door opening. He listened as Aizawa shuffled around the house, heading upstairs. No wonder he napped as soon as he got home. A five hour patrol would knock anyone out.