Chapter 9

The next two weeks were hell for Izuku. He couldn't stand the stress of waiting for the test results. So in order to take his mind off of things, he increased his patrol time. Which, in hindsight, that probably wasn't a good thing since school was starting up whether or not he got into U.A. but that was a problem for future Izuku.

Izuku was halfway through his night when he decided to go a bit further than usual. There wasn't anything happening in his usual route, and it wouldn't hurt to protect more people, would it?

So he found himself on a rooftop in the busy nightlife of Kamino. People paraded around from bar to bar, club to club. Drunk laughter rang throughout the streets. With so many people around, the chances of crime happening were small but Izuku wasn't taking that chance. Some villains wanted an audience, thrived on it in fact.

As Izuku leisurely walked along the rooftop of a clothing store, his mind couldn't help but drift back to the entrance exam. His letter had arrived two days ago, but he had left it on his desk unopened. He was too scared. What if he didn't get in? Would he be kicked out?

He knew the most logical thing to do was to ask either Aizawa or Yamada if that was even true, considering he probably wasn't supposed to overhear that conversation. It was better to get an answer than worry about it. But what if they decided to kick him out on the basis of eavesdropping?

He'd be back on the streets and only seeing Eraserhead every few weeks when they accidentally cross paths. He wasn't sure if he would be able to handle that without freaking out and spilling everything. Of course, the original plan before all of this happened was to leave town in the first place. That seemed like the best option if things went south.

He wouldn't have to see them again, and his secret would be safe.

Thinking of the underground hero brought Izuku's mind to their shared battle a few weeks ago. He wondered if Eraserhead was aware he still technically had his permission to fight. The man never revoked it, never had the chance to.

He should invest in a staff if that were the case. That could do a lot more good than his fists. Izuku knew he wasn't the most athletic person out there even if he was fighting crime on a near nightly basis. But he never had actual training so it was justified. He just relied on instinct and whatever good online videos were out there. A staff would be a good somewhat long ranged weapon. The only problem was hiding it. He could shove his hoodie and everything under his bed, but a staff would be much harder.

His thoughts were interrupted by a group of people walking in the opposite direction on the other side of the street. Normally that wouldn't be a cause for alarm, but they were sticking to the shadows and some of their heads were constantly looking around.

Something swam in his gut that told him to follow, and follow he did. He made sure to stay down enough that they wouldn't be able to see him, but not so much that he lost sight of them.

He was doing a good job until they turned and headed down an alley. Izuku cursed under his breath and jumped off the roof. He landed on a dumpster and slipped off. He dodged and avoided civilians and ran over to the alley the group had disappeared into.

Except as he looked in, there was no sign of them. There wasn't even a manhole cover they could have slipped into. And there was no feasible way for all five to get down there in the time it took Izuku to arrive in the first place.

Sighing, he made his way back onto the rooftops and headed in the direction the group was going. Maybe he'd get hints.

The lively citizens of Kamino slowly disappeared behind him as he got closer to the quieter part. He called it that because there were so many abandoned buildings that nobody even bothered to hang around unless you were up to no good.