Chapter 8

"You're such an idiot!"

"I know."

"People are going to figure it out!"

"I know."

"Next thing you know, those heroes you're staying with will be knocking down the warehouse door with handcuffs!"

"I know, Mei!" Izuku had his elbows on the testing table, hands pulling at his hair. He didn't watch as Mei paced the floor. She was holding a pair of scissors and Izuku didn't want to be on the receiving end of them.

Mei had found a video of Kumo a few days after it was posted. It hadn't gone viral, much to their relief. But it was out there. Anyone could view it and know Kumo was Quirkless. It also looked like the guy didn't understand the art of clickbaiting, as the title was just "Kumo sighting".

Ever since Izuku's video, people started uploading their own little clips of Kumo out and about. So far it was just him jumping and running across rooftops, but Izuku wouldn't be surprised if people had videos of him fighting. He just hadn't seen any yet.

Mei was rightfully furious. She claimed that now that people knew about his Quirklessness, that they'd realize the tools he had were illegal support items. Izuku reasoned that there was no way it could be traced back to her. The only way that would be possible was if he got taken in and questioned, and even then he wouldn't mention her at all. Her future career as a support creator was still intact.

That didn't stop her from scolding Izuku for at least thirty minutes after he entered the warehouse, which would have been fine if Izuku hadn't already beaten her to it himself.

Looking back at the event, he remembered the man's phone had been in his hand. If he hadn't been so stupid or distracted, he would have saw how it was pointed up at him.

Mei sighed and let the scissors drop from her hand. It clanged on the stone floor. "Even if one of us knew how to hack," she said, "people have probably already spread it everywhere."

"I really am sorry, Mei," Izuku mumbled.

"I can't even decide if I should keep these new babies from you as punishment."

Izuku's head perked up. He placed his hands in between his legs and leaned forward. "New babies?"

Mei stiffened, realizing her mistake. She turned to face Izuku with wide eyes. "Don't you dare-"

"Let's test them." Izuku grinned when Mei threw her head back and groaned. She had fallen into his trap and not even her own willpower would get her out.

Izuku hopped off the chair and followed the pink-haired girl over to one of the tables. She made sure to hide the babies from Izuku's prying eyes. She swiped them into a bag and slung it over her shoulder.

The two made their way out of the warehouse. Izuku tried to peek into the bag, but Mei just kept moving it out of his sight. She must be really mad if she's willingly withholding an invention from someone.

Eventually, they made it to Dagobah beach. It had been awhile since they've been there to test anything out. Most things could be tested in the warehouse. Izuku's curiosity grew.

His eyes wandered over the trash covered sand. He was surprised to see that nearly half of the garbage was missing. Someone had been cleaning it out.

Mei found a cleared off fridge that had been tipped onto its side and set her bag down. Still not taking the inventions out yet, she spun around and faced the young vigilante. "Okay," she began, "I have four babies with me. Three of which are for you, one is for whatever."