022 | making friends on the first day

Friday, 11th June 2021

[ 𝙳 𝚊 𝚗 𝚒 𝚎 𝚕 𝚕 𝚊 ]

Friday morning started with my alarm going off at half nine and deciding to be good, I didn't snooze it. Bonnie licked my face having pounced onto the bed after hearing the noise blaring from my phone. 

"Hey, BonBon." I grinned, flinching away as she tried to lick my face. "Stop, gross," I giggled, pushing her face away. "Let's take you on a walk." I rolled my eyes, getting out of my warm and comfy bed as she bounded off out of the room, coming back seconds later with her harness and lead in her mouth. "Good girl, Bon." I took them off her as she went onto her back legs, wagging her tail. I got changed into some clothes I could go out in, shrugging on Tom's Shit Happens hoodie which I had stolen from him. You know the pink one? Yeah that one. He still doesn't know it was me. I took Bonnie out for a walk, enjoying the crisp morning breeze which was starting to fade into a warm summers day. We got back and I had a shower before getting changed. Going against completely formal, I went for a simple everyday outfit. 

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐅𝐈𝐓

I planned to set off around ten past ten, wanting to arrive just before eleven

I planned to set off around ten past ten, wanting to arrive just before eleven. Zak had emailed me last night telling me my meeting with Jim Harris was at 11:15am so I had plenty of time to get there and find where I was going. Lando would already be at the MTC but he was there to work, unlike the other day when he was showing me around. Of course he had texted me this morning saying he planned to find me so we could have lunch together, but i probably wouldn't see him until then. Which was fine, considering this was now my job. Or well, part time job. I would only be doing race weekends as the main job, and then a bit of work at home by the sounds of it. 

"Hi, I'm here for a meeting with Jim Harris," I told the man at the same reception I had gone to on Wednesday. 

"Can I please have your name Miss?" he asked politely, clicking away at the computer in front of him.

"Daniella Holland." His head snapped up from the screen for the first time.

"Miss Holland, hi," he was a little shocked, giving me the impression he knew who I was. "Oh wow, I'm a massive, huge fan." He stammered making me chuckle a little. I smiled kindly at him. "Er, Mr Harris' office is close to Mr Brown's office, just a few doors down." He tried to explain, snapping back to what he was supposed to do. "He's excited to meet you Miss Holland, telling me this morning." The man gossiped making me laugh.

"Call me Dani." I offered. 

"Am I allowed such privileged honour?" He raised his eyebrows, excitedly.

"Of course..." I trailed off.

"Blaine," he held his hand out for me to shake.

"Blaine, well, I guess I'll see you around." I shook his hand. He had a very firm and enthusiastic grip making me giggle a little.