Prologue

People say - Well begun is half done. Well, I say, things well begun are an illusion. Things that start well, can in, no time, change into horrendous showings. Staying back here for one more frustrating year was the thing that I dreaded the most. This place, for me, was the worst place to live in, especially after the events that followed the infamous incident of 3 years ago. (I still don't know how I got involved in that in the first place). After years of determined and persistent yet unsuccessful efforts to put those horrid memories behind me, I was resigned to running down my days here clemently, doing whatever I could to complete my graduation in time. (For a person who dreams of conquering the world, to such degrees I had fallen that this was my aim now). The huge gulf between my dreams and the reality was a huge burden to administer in itself, plus the unwanted freight of being a celebrity was never easy to handle for me. (Incidents of the past had made me into a celebrity, and not in a good way). At a time when people try and make their lives extraordinary, I was focussed on dragging mine back to normalcy again. Not a single moment would pass when I wouldn't curse myself, for making my own life miserable, for making myself responsible for the fancies and fantasies of somebody else, and for that matter, trying to protect the culprit. By that time, I had lost all the self-respect and every ounce of pride that was left in me.

Now, when I fast-forward 3 years and look back at those days from where I stand now, I pity myself for being in that position in the first place. Inner peace, which had eluded me since then, has returned and I am a lot clearer in my head about what to do in my life. Although my dreams still seem far off, they at least seem achievable now. Most importantly, I am satisfied from within while the hunger to conquer the world still remains. Who doesn't want to hear his name chanted by a crowd of 50,000! Everyone might dream, but I want to be in that rarefied spectrum of people who work towards it risking everything. (Most people I have come across just want to have a job and settle down, how old of them! My parents want the same for me as well!)

These are my dreams. But never had I thought that someone else's dreams would become my won someday. (Yes, we will have a school one day where equal importance is given to extra-curriculars). October last year, I met this girl in Vividh, a fashion club. (I don't what I was doing there, I have no inclination toward fashion whatsoever). She was like nobody else I had ever seen. I wouldn't say she was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen (but she is beautiful), rather she was the most unique. I knew this right from our first conversation. She had a colossal personality, one anybody would be proud to have. Little did I know then that this girl would go on to have such a huge impact on me!