5:00 pm

Imperfections are attractive if their owners are happy with them. She was imperfectly perfect. She invented the concept of "Full moon for 5 consecutive days", she discovered a local "Shangri-La" here, she identified the difference between Red and White Chuda (or Chiwda, whatever! She even sent me a picture to show the difference), and what not!!! All of these risible inventions/discoveries were done on our usual ride along the ring road. But the ride that evening was different. There was no signs of the usual absurdity. It was as silent as the dark of the night. It felt outré that evening. It seemed almost impossible on my side to break that exasperating silence. I just didn't know what to say. I couldn't think of anything to say to her knowing that whatever I say will be things that I don't want to say to her. I couldn't stop but notice her pretty moonlit watermelon cheeks and admire them. They seemed all the more gorgeous when she turned back and looked at me (she was in the driver's seat on the two-wheeler). I was looking at her face as if I would never meet her again (that's what I was thinking). She was constantly asking why I was silent. Little did she know that I was resisting a strong urge to hug her from behind and never let go. She had never looked more beautiful, and I couldn't take my eyes off her. I was thinking of ways to stop her from going. But I knew those were quixotic. All I did was calm myself down throughout the ride and after. That was all I could do.