•are you jealous?•

(Scooter's POV)
I had texted Valerie earlier and told her to meet me at a coffee shop. I sat at a table with my drink as I waited for her to show up. I took a sip of my drink and heard the bells of the door ring. I looked up and saw Valerie had just walked in. "Hey, why is this so important?" She asked, as she sat down. "Um, well..."

"Well.."

"Um, where's Aquantis?"

"She's with Jeremy, why didn't you just text her?"

"She didn't answer." I couldn't help but feel just a little mad when she said, Jeremy.

"Oh, was this all you called me here for?"

"Um, do you know Jeremy?"

"Yeah, Aquantis introduced us when I became her friend."

"Oh, when was that?"

"Are you interrogating me? Wait a minute...."

"What?"

"Are you jealous? Of Jeremy?"

"What? N-no. Why would I be jealous for?"

"That totally explains why you left so quickly the other day at the mall." She said, completely ignoring what I just said. I raised an eyebrow at her and it looked like a light bulb turned on in her head. "You like Aquantis."

"Wait! What? How do you-"

"Ha, so you do." She smirked.

"Maybe, it's not like I have a chance anymore anyways."

"Whoa! Where's the 'confident Scooter that could get any girl he wanted'?"

"I could never get her though."

"How long have you liked her?"

"Since sophomore year of high school." She looked a little surprised but, I felt a little disappointed. I mean Jeremy was probably a better looking guy than me, so there was no doubt she'd pick him over me. "Scooter? Are you still with me?" I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Valerie trying to get my attention.

"What? What were you saying?" I asked.

"Look, I'm not saying I could help a lot but, I'll try."

"Help me with what?"

"Trying to get Aquantis, you dummy." I frowned, but nodded for her to continue. "Ok, so maybe I can like ask her how her day was after she hangs out with Jeremy. Girls can usually tell when another girl likes someone."

"And what if she does like him?"

"Well, fight for what you want."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, I can't just force her to stop liking someone."

"Ugh, alright. Thanks anyway, I'm gonna head out now."

"No problem, good luck, Scooter." I slightly smiled back and left the little coffee shop.

(Valerie's POV)
Yes! I just knew it. I knew there was something when he had left so quickly the other day. What surprised me was how long he has liked her. I thought he had a girlfriend during that time but, I guess not.

For the plan to help him, I had no idea how this was gonna work out. I just said the first thing that came to mind because he looked pretty upset. It was weird seeing him so upset because he just seems like a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. I guess he just has a soft spot for Aquantis and only her.

I drove back home and parked my car. I went into my apartment and walked towards my room. I pulled out a sheet of paper and started brain-storming some other ideas. I scribbled down any random ideas onto the paper and decided to look them over once I couldn't think of any more. I stopped writing and scanned over what I had written.

-date
Maybe..
-hang out with her before Jeremy does?
How will that work?
-slowly drop hints
Heh, it's not too bad
-try and make her jealous
How would he make her jealous if she doesn't feel the same?

I had more ideas but, they all seemed really crappy. The only really potential one that could work is maybe if he takes her on dates.

(Scooter's POV)
I was back at the apartment I shared with Cubby. I laid down on my bed scrolling through my messages with Aquantis. Then I was contemplating if I should call her or not. As much as I wanted to, I didn't really want to interrupt whatever she was doing. I got onto Instagram and looked at some posts. Until I came across a picture of her and Jeremy. She had her arms wrapped around is shoulders from behind. Him making a funny face while she had her cute, dimpled smile. I'm assuming someone had taken their picture. I looked down at the caption and felt a little relieved but, I still felt a bit jealous.

Caption: Here with the best guy friend ever! Missed you bud <3

I sighed and exited out of the app and turned my phone off. I tossed my phone to the side and sat up slowly and looked at nothing in particular. I heard my phone ring and I reached for it expecting it to be Aquantis. "Hello?"

"Hey Scooter, it's Valerie."

"Oh."

"Sorry to disappoint you, geez. But anyways the only plan/idea I have is if you take her out on dates."

"But she'll never wanna go on dates with me."

"Just give it a try, you never know."

"Alright then."

"Alright, try tomorrow see what happens."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, now pull it together and be that 'confident Scooter'."

"Alright, thanks Valerie."

"No problem." She hung up and I set my phone aside. I fell back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. "Oh, Aquantis...What are you doing to me?"