•dinner continued & new coworker•

(Aquantis' POV)
We both had finished cooking and as I tidied myself up a bit I came back to the living room and told my parents that the food was ready. Scooter had already set up the table once we walked into the kitchen. I brought over the food to the table and got some drinks for us. "Wow, this looks good." I heard my mom say. I smiled and sat down in the seat beside Scooter. "Well, I hope you guys enjoy the food."

"It won't be hard since we did a good job cooking them." Scooter said from beside me. All of us dug into the food and continued to talk more, mostly dad asking Scooter lots of questions. "So, Scooter, do you play any sports?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Oh, which one?"

"Baseball."

"Ahh, I remember when I played baseball, those were the days." I closed my eyes and sighed. "Dad, please no."

"What? I wasn't going to say anything."

"You always say 'those were the days' whenever you're going to start the endless stories."

"Hey, I was awesome."

"Alright." My mom smiled at the two of us and Scooter lightly chuckled. I lightly smiled and continued eating. "Anyways," my mom started. "Aquantis, how is Valerie?"

"Oh, she's great."

"Is she with that one boy..?"

"Cubby."

"Yeah, him."

"Yeah, they're so cute."

"That's good."

"Yeah." After all of us finished dinner, I washed the dishes and had my mom pack some food so she and dad could take some. I dried my hands on the dish towel and walked my parents towards the door. "Alright, pumpkin, it was nice to see you again."

"Yeah, you too, dad." I said while giving him a hug. I let go and hugged my mom and my dad was saying goodbye to Scooter. My parents both waved before heading out the door and I closed it behind them and walked over to the living room. I plopped down on the couch and I felt the space dip beside me. "Man, that was some really good dinner. Haven't had a home-cooked meal in a while."

"Glad you liked it then." I said as I turned to lay on the couch. I let my legs rest on his lap and laid back on the couch. "I feel so exhausted." I said closing my eyes for a bit.

"Hey." I felt him tap my leg and I sat up and looked at him. "What is it?" I asked.

"Well, I'm going to be having a game coming up and I'm going to have to go to practice a lot so we won't be able to hang out as much."

"Oh ok."

"But I want you to come to my game."

"Yeah, sure. When is the game?"

"Coach hasn't said anything yet, but I'll let you know."

"Alright, what should I say when I cheer for you?"

"Well, I play for the Mustangs."

"Ok, so 'Go Mustangs!'." He chuckled and I awkwardly laughed along with him.

"Yeah, that's fine." Once it got a little later we both stood up and I walked him to the door. "Well, it was nice meeting your parents tonight."

"Yeah, they could be a handful sometimes."

"Well, they were pretty cool."

"Thanks."

"Oh, I..uh...I want you to wear my jersey, you know, since you don't have anything to wear to support the team."

"Oh, um..alright."

"Cool, I'll see you when I can."

"It's fine, I know you'll be busy."

"Ok, bye Cutie."

"So you're going with that nickname now?"

"Yeah, it fits." I laughed and hugged him before he could leave. He hugged back squeezing me a bit. "Alright, I'm gonna head out."

"Drive safe and text me when you get home."

"Ok.....mom."

"Shut up!"

"Ok, ok bye."

"Bye Scoots." He walked away from the door and I closed it and locked it. I headed back to my room and changed into my pjs and laid down and went to sleep.

*time skip*

I woke the next morning to my stupid alarm that I had set so I could get up for my stupid job. I slowly got up and went to the bathroom to get ready. Afterwards, I put on some light skinny jeans and put on a Vans t-shirt. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed what I needed before heading out.

I got to the mall in no time and walked in. I got to the shoe store and walked to the back. I checked in and walked back to the front to work at the register. I took a sip of water from the water bottle I decided to bring with me. "Hey Cutie!" I look towards the entrance and see Scooter waving at me as he walks in. "Hey, you don't have practice today?"

"No, I just let you know last night to give you a heads up."

"Oh ok, when does your practice start then?"

"Um...in about 2 days."

"Awww, it starts that soon?"

"Don't worry, we can hang out after my practices."

"But you'll be tired."

"It's fine."

"Alright." I smiled lightly and he pinched my cheek. "Hey! What was that for?"

"You're cute."

"W-what? N-no, what a-are you saying?" He just laughs as I feel my face heat up from embarrassment. Once he calms down from laughing, I was just about to speak only to be stopped when I hear my name being called. "Hey Aquantis!" I turn and see Daniel walking from the back with a guy following suit. "What's up, Daniel?"

"This is a new employee, his name is Mathew and you'll be training him."

"Oh....uh ok." He smiles gratefully and I smile back. I turn to Scooter and smile at him lightly. "Well, duty calls. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, dinner at my place?"

"Sounds awesome." He leans over the counter and points to his cheek. I giggle and plant a kiss on him. He smiles and leaves the store and I turn my attention to Mathew. "Well, let's get working."