Prologue

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

Jessica Grimes frowned in confusion as her name was called through the school intercom.
Packing her things away into her backpack she excused herself from class and made her way to the principals office.
Jessica Grimes wasn't the kind of girl to get into trouble often,she had no idea why she was being brought to the principals office but the bad feeling that had settled in her stomach only intensified when she saw her teary eyed mother clutching onto her sniffling little brother,Carl.
Something was very,very wrong.
"Jessica" her godfather and dads best friend Shane solemnly greeted the teen.
"Shane? What's going on? Where's dad?" Jessica began to question as she realised her father was no where to be seen.
"We'll talk outside baby.." the girls mother,Lori Grimes whispered,placing a hand on her daughters shoulder before the family made their way towards the schools exit.

When they got outside, Lori immediately enveloped her daughter in a hug, placing a hand on the young girls cheek.
"There's been an incident Jess, your father..he's been shot."
Jessica felt her world stop at her god fathers words.
A sob echoed from her younger brother as he buried his face in his mother's chest.
"Is he...dead?" Jessica questioned, swallowing thickly.
Did she really want to know the answer to her own question she couldn't help but wonder.
"Oh baby,no..he's in a coma. We're gonna go see him now okay?" Lori suppressed her own emotions for her children.
"A coma?" Jessica mumbled as her eyes began to glaze over with tears.
Her dad had been shot, what if he never woke up?

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

Authors note; rewriting this story as I simply didn't like how I had previously done it.