Four

Season one,Atlanta Camp

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

"Jim take some water"Shane passes a bottle to the man who is tied to a tree at the base camp.
Jessica sits with Carl and Sophia whilst Carol and Lori give them some maths problems.
"Sorry if I scared your kids,and your little girl" Jim nods to Carol and Lori who shake their heads in return,"you had sunstroke. Nobody's blaming you."
"You're not scared now are you?" The man questions the children in guilt.
"No sir" Sophia timidly replies.
Jim smiles in relief,"your mama's right.Sun just cooked my head is all."

"Jim..do you know why you were digging?" Jessica nervously questions the man.
In truth,he did scare her. He had dug six holes in the ground which alarmingly looked like burial sites.
"I had a reason,something I dreamt last night. Don't remember" Jim answers the girl.
"Your dad was in it..you were too, you were worried about him. Can't remember the rest,you worried about your dad?"
Jessica tenses at this, whatever Jim dreamt about her and her father couldn't have been good if it caused the man to dig graves.
"They're not back yet" Carl answers for his sister.
"We don't need to talk about that" Lori quickly cuts Jim off,his dream alarming the woman along with her children.

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

Jessica sits by her brother and Sophia as they enjoy the fish. She couldn't keep her mind off of Jim's dream.
What did it mean for the camp?
"Where are you going?" Andrea questions her sister who stands,"I have to pee..jeez. You try to be discreet around here."
Everyone laughs as Amy stalks off to the RV to use the bathroom.
Jessica was enjoying the fish fry,she was worried for her fathers whereabouts but sitting around the fire with everyone was nice.
It was comforting and she felt that the people surrounding her were starting to become family.

Her thoughts were interrupted when a piercing scream echoed from the RV, the shrill voice Jess recognised belonged to Amy.
Jessica watches in horror,frozen in place as a Walker eats away at Amy's arm.
All hell breaks loose as the campers begin to scatter,some running to hide whilst others begin to batter the walking dead.

Jessica finds herself paralysed in fear.
She can hear her mother screaming out her name but can't register it.
She does her best to block out everything she is hearing and seeing,the agonising screams of pain and the campers Jessica had only been sitting with minutes prior,laying still with their insides pouring out.
She crawls into a bush nearby,hugging herself as she hides her head in her knees.
The girl shakes violently as she begins to cry.

Jessica slowly uncovers her ears when the camp grew silent.
Everything seemed to just stop.
She was terrified,what if she emerged from this bush to find everyone dead?
Her fears were pushed to the side however when she heard her fathers voice,"Jess? Where's Jess? Is she okay?" He frantically questions the group as he looks around for his daughter.
Jessica slowly stands up,sprinting to her father in full speed when she sees him enveloped in a hug with Lori and Carl.
He was okay.
Her whole family was okay,they had survived.
Relief flooded her body as she held onto her family,sniffling slightly.

Her relief shatters however,when she heard the cries of Andrea.
Amy didn't make it,she was dead now,gone.
She turns Carl into her so he can't see the gory sights surrounding them,burying his head into her chest as she wraps her arms tightly around the boy.
"I remember my dream now,why I dug the holes"Jim solemnly states.

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

Jessica didn't get much sleep that night,she figured not many did.
How could they?
They had watched the people they had grown to love get ripped to shreds and eaten alive right in front of their eyes.
That was something no one should ever have to see.