𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻 𝑱𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑹𝑶𝑺𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑻

CHAPTER EIGHT

SWEET JACK AND ROSE SHIT

The group had discussed and decided to go and pay Melaina's elder friend early tomorrow because she was only back in town tonight.

So for the meantime, they were all on standby in case something came up.

Harley and Melaina ( accompanied by Cosmo ) were taking a walk around Blue Valley while Kai, Daisy and Marty were doing a little more searching around Blue Valley for clues.

"Can we get some food? I'm starving." Harley suggested making Melaina agree with her.

The two walked into Richies and took a seat at an open booth. Across the diner they spotted her former teammates across the diner and felt their stares.

Courtney waved awkwardly at the two, who waved back. The blonde pointed at the cat on the floor, who was currently grooming herself. Melaina looked down in confusion and pursed her lips when she saw Cosmo.

She hadn't even realised that the cat was still following her. She shrugged her shoulders before picking up the cat and placing her on her seat by the wall.

"Be quiet okay." She whispered to the cat who nodded in response, shocking the curly haired girl a bit before refocusing her attention on Harley.

"She followed us?" The red head asked with a laugh.

"Yeah I guess she did." Melaina answered as she stroked the ginger cat before Maria came.

After the two ordered their food Melaina noticed a big book on the table where her former team were sitting.

Cosmo poked her thigh. "What?" She whispered to the cat who turned her head to the JSA table. "What about them?"

Harley watched curiously as the younger girl talked to the cat.

Cosmo twitched her ear and somehow Melaina understood. "No! I'm not going to listen in on them." She whisper yelled.

"What does the cat want you to do?" Harley asked with a laugh.

"Listen in on them." Melaina answered as she looked at the group, Harley followed her eyes and saw who she was looking at.

"That just looks like an old book." Harley pointed out. "But old books mean that they're probably looking for something."

"Or someone." Melaina added. "Do you think they know about Eclipso?"

"Maybe, I mean you said that Courtney has been looking under rocks for someone to fight. Maybe she finally looked under the right rock." Harley said as the two locked eyes with the group.