𝒙𝒊. 𝑻𝑯𝑬𝒀 𝑾𝑶𝑼𝑳𝑫 𝑩𝑬 𝑫𝑰𝑺𝑮𝑼𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑫

CHAPTER ELEVEN

THEY WOULD BE DISGUSTED

warning this chapter has mentions of blood and death

The following morning instead of tinkering with her suit like she usually did. Melaina woke up bright and early to spend some time with her younger cousin.

The girl had quickly showered and changed into a tank top, ripped jeans, ankle boots and a tank top.

She went downstairs and began to make some breakfast for the family.

"Melaina PD is making breakfast? Wow...I never thought I'd see the day." Hippolyta said as she walked into the kitchen, the girl roles her eyes at her sister.

"Good morning to you, my dear sister." Melaina greeted as she flipped the slice of french toast on the pan.

To catch everyone up, Melaina and Hippolyta's relationship has seemingly gotten better over the past couple months. Not enough to mend a messed up 15 years of sisterhood but it was a start.

"How was New York?" The fifteen year old asked.

Hippolyta's face lit up and Melaina could clearly see that this girl was beyond excited to get out of this town. "It was beautiful. The campus is amazing and we went apartment shopping."

"I thought you wanted to live on campus?"

"I did but I'm my schedule with school and my job." She paused to see her sister's reaction, the younger girl wore a proud smile. "Mom thinks it would be easier for me."

"Or maybe she just wants an excuse to fly to apartment balcony whenever she pleases." The two laugh. "Speaking of flying..."

Hippolyta cut her off knowing what she was talking about. "No, my powers haven't kicked in yet."

As Melaina set up the table with the French toast, bacon, hash browns and the drink, she couldn't help but notice the worried look on her face.

"You know, powers aren't as cool as they seem to be." Melaina told her.

"What do you mean?"

"Well for one a lot has happened while you, mom and dad were gone."

Melaina finished cleaning up and sat at the table with Hippolyta sitting across from her. "Like?" The eighteen year old nudged.

"I left the JSA." The girls jaw dropped, then she closed it again.

"I- wow. That's something."