Chapter 3

THE NEXT MORNING – NEW ORLEANS

When Freya woke up the next morning, she was less rested than she usually would've been. Not having the love of your life sleep next to you does influence your sleep after all.

As her wife was still on the trip with the Crescent pack, her day started less bright than usual. Little did she know that it would only become worse when she saw how many unread messages and missed calls she had gotten from Caroline during the night.

Caroline:

"WTF happened to Hope?!?!? She ran here in wolf form and hasn't changed back yet. You have to come to the school immediately!!!"

'Sh't, sh't, sh't! What have we done?!?!" she asked herself worried for her niece as she called her sister.

"I know you miss me, dear sister, but why the fvck are you calling me this early in the morning?" Rebekah, who was not a morning person, asked in her usual playfulness.

"Meet me at the Salvatore school! It's about Hope!" The elderly Mikaelson witch ordered her younger sister with a sincere but worried voice while she was already booking the first available flight.

"I'll call you when I land," Rebekah answered worriedly, knowing this wasn't the time to ask questions.

A FEW HOURS LATER – MYSTIC FALLS

Hope was exhausted when she woke up. Never in her life could she remember having had such a muscle ache. She opened her eyes and realized that she wasn't in her own room but was also naked but thankfully covered by a blanket. Panic and fear distracted her from her physical pain. As she turned around, she saw a blond woman looking at her, sitting next to her bed.

"Who are you? Where am I, and why the fvck am I naked?!?!" Hope demanded to know answers as panic took over her.

"Hey, it's okay. You're safe here." Caroline realized that Hope didn't seem to remember her. But Hope isn't okay, her anxiety getting the best of her as she struggles to breathe.

"Hope everything will be okay. Just please breathe. Inhale and exhale. One step at a time. You got this; I'm here. Inhale and exhale." Caroline does her best to help Hope breathe again and calm her down.

"I know you're confused, but trust me, you're safe here. Always have and forever will be." These words gave Hope comfort. Words that are so familiar to Hope, but she didn't quite understand the meaning behind them.

"I have a fresh set of clothes for you. How about you take your time to change while I wait outside the door? When you come out, we will give you all the answers you deserve. Is that okay?" Caroline asked carefully, receiving a slight nod from Hope before she handed her the clothes.

A FEW MINUTES LATER

When Hope and Caroline stepped into Alaric's office, Hope was relieved to see her aunts sitting on the couch.

"Hope are you okay?" Freya asked immediately as she and Rebekah embraced their niece into a tight hug.

"What is happening? How did I get here, and who are these people?" Hope asked, scared and confused, only increasing the guilt of her aunts.

But before the Mikaelson women could answer Hope's question, they heard a knock on the door, just before it was about to be opened.

"Hey dad, I bought you... Hope! What are you doing here? When did you arrive?" Josie asked, happy but surprised to see her crush.

Hope wasn't sure what it was about the brunette but seeing her gave her a sense of comfort she hadn't felt in a long time. Although she believed to have never seen her before, the brunette seemed so familiar, that she couldn't explain it.