Chapter 6

THE NEXT MORNING

Hope opens her eyes, her body exhausted from the night before. She had practiced magic, using books she had found in the library. She tried vanishing objects, calling objects towards her, making flowers bloom, and even setting a piece of paper aflame. These weren't good ideas because now her room was a mess. Her desk tipped over, and her notebooks burnt to a crisp.

"Oh god, I have a lot to learn," she flung herself back onto her bed after taking in her destructive magic.

To her despair, a banging began on her door. She groaned into her pillow, yelling, "Go away. I need more sleep!"

"I don't think so, Mikaelson! Open up, or I'll get my dad to come to get you!"

Hope would rather have Alaric than Lizzie if she were honest with herself, but she didn't want to bother the man.

"Fine, I'm coming!" Hope groaned in defeat.

With a small yawn and a few close calls to break her head open, she got to the door and unlocked it to see a frustrated Lizzie.

"Alright, Mikaelson, now tell me why my sister came home late." Lizzie started with a sincere look.

"You ruined my sleep just to interrogate me? Go away!" Hope groaned in frustration.

The Mikaelson tried slamming the door, but with a small spell, Lizzie flung it open.

"How-" Hope wanted to ask before she got interrupted.

"OH MY GOD" Lizzie walked in with her jaw open; Hope thought she could catch a fly.

"What the hell happened?" Lizzie asked in shock as she saw the chaos that was Hope Mikaelson's room.

"Just a few mistakes, that's all." Hope rubbed the back of her neck anxiously.

Lizzie glared at her, "A few mistakes? So, you're calling my sister a mistake? I should have known you guys were up to something when she came to our room with a huge smile-"

"She was smiling?" Hope lightened up to that; she was glad she made Josie happy.

Lizzie slapped her hand to her forehead, "Not the point, Mikaelson! You slept with my sister, and now you're calling it a mistake!?"

Hope gasped, "Woah! I never said I did that! Look, Josie is nice and pretty, but I wouldn't- we wouldn't-" her face heated up as Lizzie gave her a curious look, "ahem, we're just friends."

Lizzie shook her head, "Yeah, okay, so what is this mess?"

"Uhm, I may have been trying to learn magic...." The Mikaelson began looking at her shoes.

"Wow, you need some serious help." Lizzie laughed in disbelief.

Hope nodded, "Yeah, Josie was teaching me about my family last night, and I just thought maybe I should try getting in touch with my witch side."

Lizzie huffed, "So that's why my dear sister came back so late."

Hope rolled her eyes, "Yeah, it's whatever, though; obviously, I'm never going to learn magic."

She sighed, and just before she was about to sit on the edge of her bed, the blonde twin grabbed her wrist, dragging her out of the room. "Listen, as much as I don't like you; I can't have a troubled witch walking around this school. I mean, this school has a reputation to uphold."

That's how Hope found herself sitting on Lizzie's bed with an old book in her hands.

"We have to start from the beginning, Mikaelson." Lizzie flipped to the book's first page, "ah yes, a light spell!"