chapter 1

friendzone

a particularly metaphorical place, that person end up in when someone they are interested in only wants to be friends. it is impossible to get over someone while in the friendzone, because, as friends, you still see them too often for then to be erased from your memory, and yet, you cannot be with then the way you want.

(a/n: i don't proof read my books btw)

"shushu..." soojin whispered as the latter kept her eyes on the taiwanese.  "don't ever call me that again. in fact, don't even call me." shuhua stated as she backed away, eyes brimming with liquid that seemingly looked as glossy as glass. "i love you."

"so?"

"... but i only see you as a sister."

soojin inched her hand closer to shuhua's face as it changed in physiognomy with the appearance of her snivelling. "im sorry. i shouldn't have said that. i thought it was a good idea to finally confess my feelings after so many years... but i guess... you'd never reciprocate those feelings back."

"this bitch!" soojin screamed allowing a worried miyeon to jump beside her on the bed after opening the door with a 'click' sound. "what's wrong?" soojin huffed as she crumpled a piece of white note in her hand and threw it on the floor. soojin was obviously in a distress and miyeon could sense something was going on between soojin and shuhua for the past month. the korean had been sulky almost everytime shuhua was acting clingy to minnie like glutinous rice that could not be separated and the taiwanese on the other hand had also been hanging out with tzuyu more often than soojin which was rare to see, considering how close soojin and shuhua is. or should she say, was.

the shorter stood up and unfolded the paper as she double taked and faced the taller. "she's moving out!? and what does she mean by 'i hope you feel what i felt when you shattered my soul.'" miyeon imitated the way shuhua would speak when she was in a generally bad mood. "nowonder it was so quiet today..."

seeing how unresponsive soojin was, she immediately unlocked soojin's door and walked towards the youngest's room. the room was empty. like, literally, even the picture that was framed in the wall was taken down. miyeon knew how much the youngest would stare at the picture of the latter and soojin, hugging, when she was lacking self confidence that was infrequent. taking the picture away from shuhua meant taking a part of her soul away. she wouldn't let anyone touch that picture frame and would clean it every night before going to bed and whispering a "goodnight my little jinjin". miyeon overheard her saying that when she slept in the youngest's room. only when her and minnie fought though, usually shuhua would be in soojin's room. probably showering the korean with love or watching drama while inhaling the cherry smell from soojin's bedsheets.

miyeon dropped shuhua a few text, asking about her whereabouts. she haven't seen her since last night. yuqi and soyeon was on a vacation together at jeju island. it wouldn't be possible for yuqi and shuhua to be together. sensing that something was wrong, she got back to soojin's room, only to find her sobbing.

"hey soojin, you can tell me everything... i'll listen. if you don't want to, i can wait for you to be ready."

soojin pulled miyeon into a hug. liquid from her orbs and nose were flowing into miyeon's shirt. miyeon smiled as she pats soojin's back, not wanting to pour salt over her fresh wounds. laughing at soojin's condition right now would be substandard, not mentioning, throwing a disgusted face at her in this situation. she allowed soojin to cry her heart out as she slowly revealed what happened with cracks in between each sentence.