chapter 2

"i swear i saw her just now." soyeon furrowed her brows. "who?"

"minnie. whatever. is this all we need?" yuqi asked while fumbling the bottles of soju, producing a 'clink' sound. "yeah, let's get some of these too." soyeon smirked, holding up a pack of condoms.

yuqi's face came into bloom as she saw it. "as much as id like to... we're out in public..." yuqi pointed out. "are you stupid. i meant to get this for miyeon and hwiyoung. what were you thinking woog."

"uh... nothing! let's get some toothpaste. shuhua said we're running out of some a few days ago." the younger, obviously trying to change the conversation dragged soyeon out of the aisle.

"nah. no way!" yuqi pushed miyeon in a dramatic way. "i bet crawl back here soon." soyeon suggested, in hopes that the youngest was not serious about moving out for real this time. they could not afford to lose the taiwanese. she's the one keeping the group alive. "well... she already left... i can't seem to contact minnie. she's not at home either. she's probably with shuhua or lisa." the oldest korean said with a face, green with envy.

sure, miyeon was in a relationship with hwiyoung. but they started drifting ever since hwiyoung started his new project and miyeon getting closer to minnie. miyeon was not sure whether friends reacted like that when the latter is hanging out with others. she wasn't sure if it was platonic or romantic love. she's trying to figure it out right now.

but there seems to be a bigger problem now.

"i think i know where she is." soyeon switched off her phone, grabbed her wallet and ran off to hire a private chauffeur. soojin followed behind her, trying to keep hope with her.

she felt a pull on her forearm. "i don't think you're in the position to go look for her." yuqi stated.

of course she knew, she was shuhua's bestfriend either ways. but she never knew shuhua would do this. "no, i have to talk to her." soojin, annoyed, lifting her jacket up onto her shoulder again. "i think yuqi is right. stay here. yuqi, come with me." soyeon ordered. though she wasn't the oldest, she was the most well respected.

soyeon was hardworking, though most of her works came from her own natural talent. she was also the therapist-logical thinking friend. she needed a contrasting personality other to match her well. yuqi, a heart thinker. an walking emotion that would feel emotions way more than a person would... especially when she's jealous. all hell breaks loose.

hearing soyeon's demanding voice, she backed away, allowing yuqi to walk pass the entranceway. "i'll update you guys." soyeon said, before dragging yuqi out as the chauffeur had arrived.

"where are we going?"

"their place."

yuqi looked at soyeon's eyes and understood the assignment. she easily guessed where it was. the place shuhua and soojin first met.

in contradiction, soyeon could tell that yuqi was worried. yuqi was loud. mostly vocally, usually shuhua was the one who's loud with actions. but yuqi was biting her lips, showing that she was thinking about shuhua's whereabouts, whether she's safe or not. shuhua don't usually go out alone. she's either with tzuyu or soojin or yuqi. she didn't like to be alone ever since that happened when shuhua reached korea.

silence filled the car as the chauffeur focused on driving while the two ladies at the back was looking out the window. "isn't that minnie unnie?" her head turned towards a thai who was beaming a smile and patting shuhua's head which was buried under minnie's bomber jacket.

"mr lee, i think you can stop here. thanks for the ride." soyeon took out a twenty dollar note and placed it in the money tin.

"yeh. shu. hua."

the two foreigners looked up in unison. "shoot." shuhua thought.

"uh, hey!" shuhua waved her hands and flashed a smile.

minnie shifted away from shuhua, giving her a little more space as she removed her hands from the younger. "what are you guys doing here?" yuqi questioned.

"we're... going out."

"with two luggages?" soyeon furrowed her brows. it wasn't easy to lie to the 'boss'.

"mhm! shuhua and i thought it'd be a great idea if we went to stay at a hotel. away from everything."

yuqi jumped herself on top of the sitting younger. "you're staying. i don't care where you were planning on going. but you're coming home now. soojin and miyeon unnie is waiting for you at home."

"why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" yuqi asked in mandarin, wrapping her arms on shuhua. "i didn't want you to be worried. im tired of being used."

yuqi fully understood what shuhua was saying.

"so what are you planning on doing now? if you return now, soojin will definitely not be happy."

"i think i'll find a hotel for shuhua and i to stay for a day or two." minnie chipped in. "guys... can't y'all speak in korean?"

ah yes, they've totally just forgot about soyeon's existence. maybe if she got physically larger.

"i want to go with minnie. soyeon, i don't want to see soojin yet."

"why?" soyeon didn't knew the context, she hoped she did though. she pulled her sleeves up, checking her watch the second time. "you know, we still have time if you want to explain it to me. now or i won't save your ass from soojin" she huffed as she sat beside shuhua and yuqi, pushing minnie out of the bench.

she was on all ears for shuhua.

"so... that's all?!"

"what do you mean that's all!" the taiwanese folded her arms, bringing her head up, glaring at the older. (a/n LMAO i can fr imagine shuhua like this...)

"i mean, you confessed, she said she only likes you platonically... then move on? why are you moving back to taiwan just for a small wrinkle?"

"yuqi is right. you should stay here. but i think it's still better if you stay away from soojin for now... she's kind of, emotionally unstable right now." shuhua released her arms and turned her body, looking forward. "is she okay?"

"hmm?"

"was she mad when you guys saw her?"

"she was furious. i think she wants you back." yuqi chuckled. deep down, shuhua was lack of certainty.

"if she wants me. she'll look for me." shuhua whispered.

"did you guys found her?" soojin asked, trying to avert eye contact with the other two while keeping her eyes on the tv, left hand switching the channels with the remote control.

"y-"

"no." soyeon voiced out, dominating yuqi's voice. "we couldn't find her. she wasn't there. she's probably with minnie though."

"what are you doing?" yuqi bent down, whispered into soyeon's ear. "let's see her reaction." the shorter wanted to spike soojin.

"ah, i see. okay. im going out." soojin got up from the couch and flicked her pants, straightening the material.

"where are you going?"

"out."

the two nodded their head, not trying to put an effort into asking soojin. it was pretty obvious.

(a/n: im thinking of changing the book cover 💀)