◇6

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

[5.18pm]

Running. One foot in from of the other trying not to trip. The sounds of laboured breathing echoing off the walls of the street she was currently speeding down. Why was Damhee running you ask?

Well she seemed to have the worst luck in the world. Currently dashing because she had yet again run into disgusting men who considered the female body as something to be explored, even if it was without consent.   

Just a few minutes ago she was on her way to the gym, dressed in a simple hoodie that covered every inch of her body, her figure not even possible to distinguished because of how loose her clothes usually were.

Somehow it still doesn't stop the predators. The norm of blaming assault on the type of clothes someone wears ended up being proved wrong by what keeps happening to Damhee. She was dressed in a hoodie the first time, and it wasn't any different this time either.

The men always seem surprised when a girl says no. Damhee's punches landing on his face was probably the only way to make it clear to him. And thats exactly what she did.

Not letting the man, who reeked of alcohol, take dominance over her, she made sure to induce as much pain as she possibly could. A powerful kick landing on his sensitive spot, his yell echoed along the street.

And thats when she ran. Blood trickling down her chin, she winced at the torn edge of her lips as the pain pulsed through her face. As much as she tried not to get hurt, sometimes it happens. During  the continuous punches that landed on the man's face, he somehow managed to return the favour to her, the lip piercing on her worsening the hit.

Although slightly shaken up from the event, Damhee was ecstatic. She had managed to overpower a man twice her weight, and successfully get out of there with just a small cut on her lip.

Why was she running then? She couldn't  help but be thankful to her trainer. Two weeks ago, at the time of her first encounter, she would've  never imagined being this strong, feeling like she had all the power in the world in her hands.

She made her way up the stairs of the building, used to the workout, feet knowing every bump and dent in the concrete. Pushing open the glass doors that creaked every time, Damhee was sure she would hear the sharp sound even if the doors were fixed.

Completely forgetting about the red streaks of liquid on her chin, she walked up to the boy in the corner of the gym. He was dressed in sweatpants and a tank top which had sweat stains that showed the effects of punching a sand bag for hours on end.    

"You're late" Jeno's voiced sounded out at the creek of the doors. He didn't  really have other students and especially ones that opened the doors with such force.

Damhee stood there with her hands behind her back, ready to boast about her achievement. The boy turned with a confused look on his face due to the lack of a reply, only for his eyebrows move into a look of concern, worry filling his mind.

His eyes trailed from her bloody chin to the rest of her body to make sure she wasn't hurt anywhere else.

"What happened!?"
Placing his palms on both cheeks of her face involuntarily, his eyes searching for signs of pain from her expressions.

Quickly pulling his hands back to his sides, her cheeks that were squished from the hold falling back against her cheekbones. The sudden action scaring both of them as they stepped away from each other. The atmosphere turning awkward unlike a few days ago when both of them were comfortable on the rooftop.
Coughing as an attempt to reduce the suffocating silence looming in the room, Jeno voiced out his concern once again, remembering the real issue.