◇12

"Close your mouth before you catch a fly" A slender finger placed itself under Damhee's chin, pushing it closed, its owner letting out an airy chuckle near her ear.
The movement of hair strands tickling her broke the trance she was in, and the adrenaline creeped in, along with slight butterflies caused by the boy that stood awfully close. The sound of footsteps ricocheting against the concrete floor distracting her from Jeno.

"Well well well, who's this beauty?" A loud voice called for them, accompanied by a boy, probably around their age. Brown hair complimenting his tan skin, which was adorned with beads of perspiration had her intrigued by this new person whose long legs were currently walking towards the two.

A sly smile on his face as he shamelessly ran his eyes over Damhee's figure, not used to seeing a girl at the training center that was usually filled with men all the time. Women were rarely found at these places, so the boy was surprised to see one that was the same age as him.

"Hey Hyuck. This is Damhee" The unknown boy's identity revealed as Jeno voiced out from behind her. 

Ahh, he's the one that disturbed us with the call.

"Of course it's her, you don't even know any other girls man. Nice to meet you Damhee" Stretching out his hand to shake hers, she responded with a small smile, slightly distracted by the fact that Jeno's friend knew her, which meant she was probably a topic in one of their conversations. 

Great now i need to know what these people talk about where my name would show up.

"Now! Let's get on with training, you only got two weeks Lee" the newly introduced boy yelled out as he walked away from the two people, shamelessly throwing a wink at Damhee as he left.

"Well, he seems nice..." Damhee trailed off, not knowing how to react to what just happened, before focusing her attention back on the blonde boy beside her, noticing the slight furrow in his eyebrows directed at the one striding away from the two. 

Jealousy maybe?

"Ignore him, he's always in his own world. Come on lemme show you around" Grabbing her slender wrist, Jeno led her towards the array of boxing rings, all of them scattered with sweaty men who enjoyed the act of getting their faces smashed in.

Hyper aware of his hand on her wrist, Damhee tried to distract herself by looking at the people sparring, noticing how she could judge and predict their moves, which would not have been possible a few weeks ago before she met Jeno.

"Well, since this is one of the biggest matches and I would be a rookie, I need to start from the bottom pretty much. Fight smaller matches and if I win them-" "WHEN you win them" Damhee interrupted, earning a chuckle from Jeno, "No, IF I win, I can enter the big leagues" he explained, clearing the doubt Damhee had about how the system works.

"How much money do you get is the real question to be honest" 

"I'm not too sure how the betting works, but until now, I've been earning around 700 bucks every fight, this fight season might get better though" A small smile drew onto his face when Jeno noticed how impressed Damhee was.

"Please, that's like 7 times my weekly wage, why didn't I get into boxing sooner." 

"OI JENO!! LET'S HAVE A MATCH" The two of them were interrupted but a voice calling out from the boxing rings. There stood the man they had spoken to earlier, gesturing Jeno to come over. 

"Will you be fine alone? I can walk you home and come back later to fight with that idiot-"

"No no, i wanna stay and watch. Gotta learn how to beat you in a future match you see" Damhee cut off his rambling and told him to go fight the claimed idiot. Receiving a wide grin from Jeno, his hand reached out to gently ruffle Damhee's hair before running off to put on his gloves.

Slightly dazed from the action, Damhee slowly seated herself on a bench nearby, an eye on Jeno as he chatted away with the tan boy. Her vision was interrupted by a hand accompanied by another boy around her age, introducing himself as Jaemin. "You must be Damhee! Its nice to meet you!" Damhee shook his hand, slightly concerned about another person knowing her name.

What has this guy been telling people about me?

Greeting Jaemin back after he seated himself beside her, Damhee shifted her attention to the match that had begun. With Jeno's hoodie now off to show his arms, there was no way she would be able to make conversation with the man sitting beside her.

Jeno moved around the ring, almost like a dance routine, each step calculated and precise, skillfully dodging Donghyuck's attacks, focusing on his defense rather than attacking his opponent. His arms flexed every time he threw a punch, landing it on the opponent, not strong enough to hurt him but enough to know he got contact.

The fight came to an end, with a clear victory to Jeno. Climbing over the edge, Jeno started unwrapping his fingers slowly, lifting his shirt to wipe the sweat off his forehead, completely startling the girl that watched him from the sides.

Jaemin looked to his side wondering why the girl was not responding to his words, only to notice her concentration on the blonde inside the ring. "I don't think he would mind if you took a picture, it'll last longer" with a tap on her shoulder, Damhee was pulled out of her not so innocent thoughts, to give a sheepish smile to Jaemin, knowing she could not hide her emotions after being caught red-handed.

"So, what are your intentions with our Jeno?"

"What-" "Hey guys, Hyuck really needs to chill on the confidence haha, that was too easy. Anywho, you ready to go?" Extending his hand towards Damhee, Jeno pulled her to her feet, bidding goodbye to his friends and accompanying her outside the gym, finally breathing in air that did not smell like man.

"They seem really nice for people who go around punching people every week" Damhee exclaimed with a grin on her face, walking beside another man that goes around punching people every week, their arms brushing past each other.

"When do the matches start?" "Next week I think, so I need to start training more " "Don't worry, I will give you a good match so you can be well prepared" Damhee teases, putting her fists up as a joke earning a laugh from the boy.

"You better not back out on that deal Damhee" Jeno threatened jokingly, lightly elbowing Damhee's arm, making her look up at him. They make eye contact with large grins on their faces, genuinely happy in each other's company.

Almost like a routine, the two of them turn their heads up to look at the sky, splashed with the colors of the sunset, creating a glow on their skin, be it because of the sun or the company they had.  

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Um I have no words, it's been 3 years I know :')

And this chapter could be so much better after so long but it had to be a filler, I am so so sorry about how late this is pls, I hate uni.

I hope at least some of you stayed to continue reading this! Love you guys!!