◇7

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

[6.07am]

Eyes barely staying open, the waves of drowsiness that hit her almost over powered her. 

She had slept for a whole 2 hours the previous night. Insomnia creeping up whenever she tried to sleep, she spent the whole time tossing and turning on her bed.

She had given up on her efforts to fall asleep when dusk rolled in, the traces of dimmed sunlight slowing inching itself into her room through the windows.

Her blackout curtains not being any help as they moved with the breeze that roamed around her, cooling her sweaty skin from all the tossing.  Quickly pushing off the covers and not bothering to shower as she had boxing classes that day, she got dressed in her usual clothes and made her way out of the house.

She had over two hours before she had to go to work and the only place she could think of going was her beloved rooftop.

A ten minute walk from her apartment, she strolled past people on their morning walks. The ones with company were walking with a jump in their steps, finding interest in their conversations. 

The ones without company like Damhee found interest in the music that played into their ears or the ground as they kicked a pebble around.

She finally made it to the building she liked to call her own, even if she could never possibly be rich enough to own it.

Going over her usual routine, climbing up the worn out stairs, jumping onto the rusty fire exit, she finally pulled herself onto her favourite place, the rooftop. 

The smell of the fresh breeze and wet mud filled her senses. It had been rainy for a few days and the small stream that flowed beneath her was overflowing its banks. But she could also smell smoke, something  she was very used to, cigarettes.

The question of how she could smell a cigarette this high up was wiped out of her thoughts when she noticed a figure sitting at the edge. They wore a giant hoodie, their head covered by the hood, making it hard for Damhee to tell who it was.

She made her way around the sides of the roof, trying not to make too much noise as she stepped on the crumbled concrete beneath her feet. Stopping a few steps away, she coughed so as to not startle the person in case they fell off the edge and plummeted to the ground.

The unknown person jolted their head upwards to look at the unexpected company they had. Sighing when he realised it was just Damhee, Jeno gave a small smile and invited her to sit beside him. He stubbed the cigarette on the ledge beside him, moving to give her space.

"Oh it's just you. I thought someone was waiting to murder me" Surprised when she saw Jeno at her place, she joked to get over her slightly unrhythmic heart.

"I thought I had permission to use this place, you did invite me here"

" I just wanted to push you off, you were annoying me with all that cardio"                              " Wow damn, and I was thinking you were being nice" 

The both of them joked as they recalled that night, quickly remembering why they came here in the first place. She observed the boy beside her, trailing her eyes from his immaculate side profile to his sweater paws, his knuckles peeking from under the sleeves.

But they were bloody. The red liquid had dried over his skin, and it was hard to tell if he was hurt or it was somebody else's blood.
"So, did you end up killing your dad later?"

" Nah, it's too much of a hassle. Also, i don't fight weak people"

"Then you should fight me. I ain't weak" She punched his arm jokingly as he let out a laugh and tried not to make fun of her.