Chapter Three

I walk into Nathan’s house behind Nathan himself. Like when I saw Kota’s bedroom, I’m a little shocked that a teenage boy lives here. It’s clean and tidy with new looking furniture placed in all the right areas, making the house feel...homey.

Nathan turns to me. “You can use my bathroom to change if you’d like?” I nod my head, hiking my bag back up on my shoulder. Kota asked if I wanted him to carry it on the way but I just shook my head, thanking him in the process. I didn’t want to appear rude by not doing it myself or even being a burden on him by carrying something as simple as a bag that I’m able to carry myself. “Come on.” Nathan says.

I follow Nathan down the hall. When we reach a closed door, he pushes it open. Now I’m greeted with a boy's bedroom. Posters line the walls of different material arts, the floor is a little messy with clothes hanging out of a suitcase. My guess is that he hasn’t even unpacked yet from returning from his trip. The bed hasn’t been made and the curtains are still drawn.

Nathan scratches at the back of his neck. “Okay, I didn’t think of what a state my room would be in when I offered for you to use my bathroom.”

I look over at him to see him blushing. “It’s fine.” I turn my attention to the posters on the wall, taking a few steps inside. “You know material arts?”

Nathan comes and stands beside me, looking at the posters I’m looking at. “Ur...yes. Jujitsu and Karate.” I nod my head, a smile tugging at my lips. He watches my reaction but apart from the corners of my mouth twitching, I don’t give anything away. He points over to a door. “Bathroom is there. Make yourself at home and whatever else. Help yourself to any food and drink.”

“Okay. Thanks.” I go over to the bathroom door and open it up. I look once more over my shoulder at Nathan who is watching me carefully, a small smile on his lips.

With my own smile I open the bathroom door, closing and locking it behind me.

I strip out of another clean set of clothes. I can’t believe how many times I have changed clothes today. It’s unusual for me. Normally one set a day. Shrugging it off, I fold them up and place them on the counter at the mirror before pulling on my bikini. It’s nothing special. Just a pale pink and white stripy one that has strings around the neck and back. The bottoms have small bows at my hips.

I wrap my towel around myself and put my clothes in my bag. Walking back into Nathan’s bedroom, I place my bag on his bed before opening the door and walking back down the hall. I’m a little cautious because no one has ever seen me in a bikini before. I mean, do I look nice? Do I have a nice figure? My figure isn’t anything much. I’m slim with few curves and I’m around average height. I have blonde hair that goes just past my shoulders and green eyes. My skin is horribly pale.

I mentally slap myself on the head and groan. Why do I even care? They're just boys, no doubt with girlfriends, at least a few of them have got to have a girlfriend. I stop half way down the hall and squeeze my eyes shut. Just stop thinking about it. They are not interested in you like that, Sang. I tell myself.

Taking a deep breath, I walk the rest of the way down the hall. When I hear hushed voices, I come to a stop and lean against the wall. The boys are whispering in the next room, the kitchen, and the door has been left open. I strain my ears to hear what they’re saying. I’m intrigued to know what they actually know about me.