Chapter Six

Sang:

I lightly press my fingers against my slightly swollen lips, looking at North with wide eyes. He just kissed me. He just stole my first kiss and for some reason, I couldn’t be happier that it was him for some strange reason.

My body and heart are starting to crave them now and I’m afraid that North kissing me has just sealed some deal I wasn’t aware of between my heart and his, theirs. The way my body reacts when I’m close to them, or the way my heart stutters and skips a beat just doesn’t happen with any guy. I have read plenty of romance novels to understand that. It’s attraction I think and I have never felt it before but I know what the symptoms are – wait, can I call my reactions to each of them symptoms?

But the point is, I’m attracted to them and I think I’m crushing on them but is that even possible? Is it possible for me to have these feelings for each of them? Nine boys? Then a thought hits me, there’s only one way to find out. “I-I have to go.” I whisper, shaking my head.

“Wait.” I look up to North’s pleading eyes. “I just fucked up.” He whispers to himself, running a hand through his already tamed hair. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.”

“You regret it?” I whisper.

“I’m not sure.” I can see the uncertainty in his eyes and it doesn’t at all suit him one bit. I don’t like it. “Do you?”

I shake my head. “No.”

“You don’t?” I shake my head again. “Thank fuck. Jesus, baby. I thought I had fucked up.”

“No, no. I’m just going to go...I have to talk to someone.”

He frowns. “Who?” I shake my head. I’m not saying. “Okay, well...will you come back later? We’re going to tell you what The Academy is and the others won’t argue with my decision. I want you to trust us and for that to happen, we need to tell you.”

How can I say no? My curiosity is getting the better of me. I nod my head. “I don’t know how long I’ll be.” I tell him.

“That’s fine Baby.” North says. “Just...please. Come back. Let us explain.”

“Okay.” Without another word, I turn on my heel and continue running towards my house. I feel North’s eyes on my back, watching my retreat until I disappear into the woods.

Reaching my house, I turn and look around to make sure he’s not following and then I take the path towards the diner. It doesn’t take me long to do so and when I arrive, I don’t hesitate to push open the diner doors. I look around to see who is working.

“Hey sweet girl, what are you doing back?” I look over at the cash register and spot Uncle.

I smile over at him. “Is Kevin working?” Normally Kevin works here on a Saturday night. That just shows how often I do come here if I know their schedules.

Uncle nods. “Yeah, he’s in the kitchen. Go and see him.” I thank him and then head towards the kitchen.