Chapter Nine

Heaving a sigh, I pinch the corners of my wet bed sheets, shake it out and then hang it up on the line. It’s been two days since I wrote in my diary, two days since Owen Blackbourne kissed me. As I put the last peg on the sheet, my hand comes down and gently starts stroking over my lips, remembering his lips against my own. I close my eyes and let out a contented sigh as I also remember North’s kiss, both of their soft delicate touches leaving my lips feeling tingling for days now.

Smiling and with a shake of my head, I walk back towards my house, satisfied with having the small breeze drying my bed sheets, ready for me to put back on tonight before I go to bed. Nothing beats fresh bed sheets that have been dried by the wind, oh so fresh.

I close the back door behind me, just as there is a knock at my front door. I frown, wondering who it could be this time. Over the last couple of days, I have had random visits from each of the boys. Silas just to pop by and say hi, Kota bringing me a couple of more books, Victor with flowers, Rose Imperials to be precise, my favorites.

The list is endless. The only one I haven’t seen really is Dr. Sean Green and as I walk towards the door to open it, I can’t help but hope it’s him.

Wrapping my hand around the brass door handle, I twist and pull the door open, my hope being satisfied when my eyes collide with playful flirty green ones. His lips curve up into a flirty smile and holds a hand out to me. “May I give you the pleasure of taking you out for dinner?”

I frown and look at the watch on my wrist before looking back at Sean. “It’s only noon.” I state.

“I know.” He winks. “But I have a late shift at the hospital tonight and won't be able to take you this evening. So may I take you out now?” His tone is hopeful and I can’t help but smile.

“Yeah, that would be great thank you.” I look down at the pale pink tank and skirt I’m wearing before looking back at Sean. “Do I need to change?”

He shakes his head, smile still in place. “No beautiful girl, you look perfect.”

I blush at his compliment. “Okay, but do you mind if I go and freshen up real quick?”

He shakes his head. “Go ahead, I’ll be right here.” I smile at him once more before turning on my heel and running up the stairs.

                                                                                        *

Sean Green:            

As soon as I realized that I had the late shift at the hospital early this morning, I was immediately making plans to take Sang out for some lunch. I sent out a group text to my brothers to see if they had made plans to visit Sang like they had been doing over the last two days, just at random and the only reason being because they just wanted to see her. When I received messages saying they were busy, I was ecstatic, saying that she was mine for a couple of hours and that I was taking her for lunch.

As I wait for Sang to return, I continue standing at her front door steps, pacing here and there, being completely impatient. I also scan the street up and down many times. The amount of times I have driven down this street, hell, even walked it, never would I believe that the girl of my dreams would be right under our noses at one point in our lives.