★The Moon Festival (Moonbli)★

The dragon couple held claws as they soared through the night sky. The moons in the sky shined in harmony as the clouds parted. A silvery-white moon was full and the other two severed in crescents. The sandwing kingdom was full of hope and happiness for this month's Full Moon Festival.

     The couple consisted of a handsome, warm sandwing and a lustrous, black nightwing whose scales shined in the pale glow of the moonlight. To take their minds off the task at claw, they decided to visit Thorn's stronghold in time for the festival of the moon. Pantala's crisis could wait one more night the two had thought.

     The huge palace came into view over the endless, sandy dunes as the two looked at each other. The race was on when Qibli let go of Moon's claw. The sandwing charged toward the stronghold like a bullet as Moonwatcher realized his challenge. She went over his speed limit, confident in her victory. As the dragons neared the entrance the only question that remained was who would land first.

     The race was close, and in the end, it was too close to tell who had won. The dragons' talons touched the sandy ground at the same time, and Qibli came in a little too fast. He flopped over on his back and rolled down to the palace entrance. Moonwatcher tried to catch up as she jumped and slid down the small hill on her belly. She collided with her boyfriend at the bottom of the hill, and they both laughed.

     A couple seconds later, an icewing, seawing and rainwing came down to the mess. The dignified icewing, Winter, was displeased with the imperfect sight, the laid-back seawing, Turtle, didn't really mind and walked past them and the playful rainwing, Kinkajou, jumped into the pile of black and yellow scales.

     "Ooh, what game are we playing?" the rainwing dragonet asked as she snuggled the two dragons on the sand.

     "We were just about to go inside. We just had some trouble," Moonwatcher looked at her partner.

     Turtle and Winter had already rushed up ahead of them, so they quickly followed behind. The inside of the stronghold was brightly lit up and colorful with the banners and paintings that hanged on its pale yellow sandstone walls. There was so much for the three dragons to look at, and Kinkajou was already all over the place.

     The main event took place in the courtyard where the the moons and stars could be seen. The reinforced palace doors stood open in front of the advancing couple as they exited the great hall of the building. An amphitheater full of hundreds of sandstone seats surrounded the open courtyard where the games and concerts would play. Beautiful banners hung from the open roof depicting the shapes of moon. Every tribe lined the sandstone seats of the amphitheater, dominated by mainly sandwings.

     Qibli searched for his queen among her subjects as Moon paid attention to the lunar aspects of the night sky. The beautiful sounds of song filled the air as the opening band played for fun. Kinkajou, now done with her scavenging around, trailed behind Moonwatcher and Qibli in awe of the palace's liveliness.

     The group catched up with Turtle and Winter as Qibli pointed toward their seats, not quite first class because the queen liked to be right their with her tribe. Thorn met with her most loyal subject as the other dragons took their seats among the Outclaws. Then, the games began.

     The team of world saving dragons felt united once again as they bonded over the observation of fun entertainment. Qibli would point and laugh with Kinkajou and Moon, Turtle would watch, quietly, and Queen Thorn would cheer the participants on as the Outclaws watched their enthusiastic queen with curiosity in their eyes, but Winter felt out of place among the cheerful, loud dragons.