Prologue

If anyone is wondering, this song is called "Broken" [featuring Amy Lee] and it is by a band called "Seether"

"I wanted you to know that I love the way you laugh

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away

I keep your photograph and I know it serves me well

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome

And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away, you don't feel me here anymore.

The worst is over now and we can breathe again

I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away

There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm bro-"

I turned around to see my brother, Dylan, with his hand on his hip, in a somewhat-sassy matter.

"I was listening to that!" I said slapping him in the arm, hoping that he would turn the radio back on before the song finished.

"Why do you listen to this depressing music Cat?" He asked. Today, like many other days, my brother was dressed in a gray suit with a maroon-ish tie. I reached out and grabbed the tie playfully.

"I don't think it's that depressing. Why would it matter anyways?" I asked as I yanked the tie, nearly causing him to fall over.

My brother was about to answer my question when his phone rang, great.

"That's probably work," he said, reaching out to his phone and looking down at it, "I gotta take this." He pressed answer and started to walk away from me.

"Of course." I said to myself. I reached out to turn on the radio but decided against it, the song probably already ended and now I feel like I have to listen to just the ending of the song to make it feel more complete.

Dylan came back after a minute or so, carrying an old briefcase that I have seen too many times.

"Just go." I said, already knowing what he was going to say. He had to work again, which is fine by me, that just means that I'll have to do my own dishes.

"I'll be gone for a while," he said while putting his hand over my shoulder, "You'll be alright?"

"Don't worry about me, I'm a big girl," I said playfully punching his arm, "I'm only three years younger than you."

"And that means I have three more years of experience," he said as he wrapped me into a big bear hug.

"For what?" I asked after the embrace, crossing my arms.

"Living." He stated simply.

"Well I was born in a different state." I countered.

"And?" He asked, then quickly checked his watch, "I really gotta go!" He said as he rushed out of the house while I followed him. "Why does your work always call you on such short notice?" I asked. I've noticed this more, recently.

"Hell if I know," he said as he stuffed everything into a small convertible, "See you soon." He said as he raced off to his work.

I decided to order Chinese because I didn't want to pull out a bunch of Random ingredients, put them together, heat them up in an oven or stove, and possibly fail. In other words, I was lazy and hungry.

Once I ordered I thought to myself, "Wow Cat, you are such a lazy piece of s**t." So, I decided that I should go take a walk around to try and be more active... Just kidding, the Chinese restaurant didn't deliver and I didn't have a car, meaning I had two options: pay to ride on a bus full of smelly, sometimes homeless, and possible insane, strangers, or I could walk to the restaurant, get exercise, and possibly robbed.

I walked about two blocks to get to the Restaurant. The whole time I was walking, I was almost positive someone was following me.

How did you guys like it? I really would like some feedback to help me decide if I should continue with the story or stop