I'd Do Anything For You

"Father, please! He's not as bad as people say! He-"

"I said no. That boy is dangerous." King Fredrick said in the stern and loud tone you hated.

"But-"

"This is for the best, (y/n), you shouldn't be hanging around that boy, he's a bad influence and you could get hurt. That is final."

"Fredrick.." Your mother said, her voice soft.

"Yes father.." You muttered, hanging your head. You walked out of the throne room and back to your room, running past your sister.

Your father had found out about you spending time with Varian in old Corona and he was not happy. He liked Quirin, he thought he was a great guy, but his son? He had heard about the rumors and didn't want his daughter around someone with that kind of reputation. You were heart broken, Varian was your best friend, you looked forward to seeing him every day that you were able too. But what people didn't know was that you two had a much closer relationship than that.

You two had begun to date in secret, knowing people wouldn't have approved of someone as dangerous as him dating their beloved princess. You didn't quite understand it, Rapunzel got to be with Eugene, who was a known thief! Varian hadn't broken the law!

You sighed and flopped onto your bed, wondering what you would do. It's not like you could go against your father's orders, but you longed to see him again. You hoped Varian didn't get in any trouble because of it.

Someone knocked at your door, Rapunzel called to you through the wood. "(y/n)? Are you there?"

"Come in." You sat up

"Hey," Rapunzel opened the door with a sympathetic smile. "I heard what dad said." she came in, closing the door. She sat next to you on your bed.

"Yeah.." you looked out the window. "Why do you get to be with Eugene and I can't even have a friend?"

"Well Varian didn't exactly bring you home after 18 years of being gone.." She chuckled, making you frown. "Bad time, sorry."

You looked up at the ceiling with a sigh. "He's the only friend I have my age."

Rapunzel thought about what she said, getting an idea. She quickly gave you a hug and left, leaving you puzzled. You eventually forgot about it though, and just went on with your day, still unhappy.

That night when you got to your room you sat at your desk, opening up a leatherback journal. You had gotten it at a store that recently opened and it was pretty blank. You weren't sure what to do so you just started drawing in it, little doodles of small creatures, but you stopped yourself when you found a drawing of your partner. You huffed and put your pencil down, just then hearing quiet grunts outside your window. You look over and get up, ready to grab the nearest object as a weapon.

Instead of an intruder, however, you saw Varian climbing over the railing. You stood there in disbelief before walking up to give him a hug. He was breathing heavily, and a little sweaty, but you didn't care, you hugged him tight.

"Hello, M'lady." he said between breaths.

"Varian.. What are you doing here?" You pulled away from the hug, giving him a confused look.

"Well, Rapunzel sent me a letter. Long story short, she told me about what your dad said and helped me sneak up to see you." He handed you a slip of paper, listing detailed instructions after a short paragraph.

"Wow.." You looked up at him, "you'd really do all this to see me?"

"Of course, Princess. I'd do anything for you." He grinned, making you blush.

You chuckled and brought him inside, not bothering to close the doors. You sat on your bed, patting the space next to you.

"So, we'll have a bit of trouble seeing each other now." You said, placing your hand in his.

"We will. But It's worth it if I get to see you."

He kissed you but it was cut short when the door opened. Your father walked in and you stood up, Varian quickly hid.

"(y/n), there you are." He noticed your face was red, and the doors to your balcony were open, he gave you a questioning look.

"Dad, hey.."

"I didn't mean to barge in, but I needed to talk to you." He just brushed it off, figuring you were more important. "Listen, I'm sorry about earlier. I know I might have seemed harsh, but I only want to protect you. However, after a talk with your mother, I'm willing to rethink my decision."

"Really?" You grinned, hugging your father. "Thank you!"

You two hugged for a minute, and you almost forgot about your boyfriend hiding somewhere in your room. You weren't really sure where he went.

"Dad, it's getting late, I think I'm going to go to bed." You faked a yawn, although it was pretty convincing. He nodded and wished you a good night, kissing your forehead before leaving.

You let out a sigh of relief and stood up, expecting Varian to come out by now. "Ok, it's safe now. You can come out." you called, waiting for a second. You were about to get up.

"Rah!" He shouted from behind you, making you jump. You turn around and push him down onto the bed.

"You jerk!" You huffed, trying to hide a laugh.

"I couldn't resist, It was the perfect opportunity." He laughed, sitting up in front of you. "So, that's good news, right?"

"Yeah, pretty good news. Suppose all I can do now is wait for a solid answer." You sat next to him, leaning your head on his shoulder. "You did so much to get here, why don't you stay a bit?" you suggested, to which he gladly accepted.