Chapter 23 - Deception Is Control (Pt. 2)

Made 10/10-11/2021

Welcome back! We probably should've picked a better place to crucify the priest. The Walmart employees keep giving us weird looks.

Fact Of The Day: The Egyptian pyramids were created to prevent grave robbers from stealing jewels and treasures that were buried with the royals. Not sure if that's true, but I'd believe it.

▪︎-||°^°||-▪︎

When you woke again-

you weren't sure if you were really awake.

The dark surrounded your body until there was only a little bit of you left for your eyes to see. There were no lights and nothing to protect you from whatever awaited your presence at the end.

Opening your eyes for a second time to make sure that you weren't dreaming, you began to walk. Whatever or wherever this place was, there wasn't much room for you to think or do other than contemplate your dismal existence.

It made you feel small; smaller than you knew you already were.

You tried to tell yourself that there was no way the dark could stretch for so long, but the longer you walked and the more your legs started to hurt, you quickly started to doubt it.

"Hey!" Yelling into the dark only sent an echo back into your ears, not give you any more answers.

Maybe you were dreaming? Or you were stuck in some sub-conscious? Oh, maybe you ascended.

Did I awaken my third eye?

You almost started laughing. At any rate, you expected to see the figures again, but the more you traveled, you begun to realize that you were alone in this void. You didn't want to give up hope, yet-

WHERE IS THE END TO THIS?!

You ran around without a real destination in mind, only searching for a solid wall. If you could find a wall, a fence, gate, just something, then you could feel that you weren't by yourself.

But what if it was better that way?

A knocking sound came from behind you, the noise loud and aggressive. You jumped out of surprise, spinning to look back. Not that there was much to see.

The idea of seeing something scared you now more than anything.

Hello? No one's home, thank you. The last thing I want is a Jehovah's Witness in my own dream.

Your heart sped up, fingers suddenly becoming clammy against your sides. Trying to calm down, you slowly backed away from it.

The noise came again, causing you to fall backwards onto the ground. Your ass definitely didn't deserve that harassment. Quickly sprawling yourself up again, you ran away from the hostile knocking. A cold sweat spread over your body as you stumbled your way across the abyss, feet going as fast as they could.

The searing pain in your burning hands was the least of your problems as you stopped, catching your breath. You could feel the adrenaline keeping you moving, and the way your eyes scanned every corner of the dark in a frenzied manner. No matter where you looked, there was nothing to see and it terrified you.