Chapter 26

February 16, 2029

Author's POV

"You are overworking. Aren't you?" Minji sighed as she placed the coffee mug on the table. " Babe? You didn't even spend much time with Kyungie, she was missing you." She cupped Namjoon's cheek and sighed. " By the wanna go out with me for dinner?"

"Hm? No I'm not overworking baby, It's just...." Namjoon kept typing with a soft smile. " I'm taking a week off from work , so I'm completing this while I'm free." He stopped typing and kissed Minji's hand, holding it gently. "And sure, let's go out for dinner, you , me and Kyungie."

"A week off? Are you planning..."

Namjoon closed the laptop and pulled Minji on his lap. " I know you don't wanna go back to Seoul but.....the guys want you there. They miss you."

"I...I slammed the door on his face when he was begging me to believe him. When he was in need, I turned my back to him as if I never knew him..... Kim Namjoon.... please... this- I can't go..... I hate me more and more for losing him. I hate it. I-" her breathe quickened , Namjoon shushed her and snuggled her into a tight hug.

"Shush. Weren't you the one , telling me to not blame myself? Weren't you the one who asked me to forgive myself? Then? Why is my baby being like this hm? Calm down. I'm here. And I also know.... he forgave us ages ago. I never once ..... met him , guilt was killing me. Just like it's suffocating you. I know. It's very hard. But somewhere deep inside me, it's telling me to go. Just this once, we should go Minji-ah..... for our friendship, for everything..."

Minji let out a shaky breath and nodded. "I... I'll think about it..... Fuck... I wish I never introduced Ariene to y'all... It's all my fault, ugh."

"Calm down....Minji." Namjoon patted Minji's back and comforted her. Once she calmed down, he placed her down and smiled. " You miss them .... don't you?" Namjoon got up and pulled the younger with himself. " Let's go to the living room and wait for Kyungie , where did she go?"

"She was nagging me to text Jimin and ask if his brother is here or nah. When I said I can't, she locked herself in her room , later she came and hugged me , apologized for being mean and all , she's a sweetheart haha. Then she said she wanna go out with her childhood friends and ..." Minji stopped as she blushed lowering her gaze. " She's tired of us making out randomly and getting caught by her innocent self....she said 'Lock the room or she'll call the cops-' I mean uhh.." She smiled awkwardly and looked away.

"WHATTTT? why can't I kiss and make out with my fiancé in my own house? THAT LIL BRAT !! YAH!" Namjoon groaned before looking at Minji. " Well then .... we'll make sure to lock the door.... won't we?" He caressed Minji's cheek, the younger was already flustered. "You didn't reply me yet..  or you prefer it in public-"

"Kim Namjoon!! You shameless pervert!" Minji hugged him once they were on the warm couch. "I won't mind .... if it's you." She whispered looking up at Namjoon's soft lips , the older smirked lowly and leaned closer, almost brushing their lips against eachother. Minji loved the smell of Namjoon's cologne and everytime they'd hug, it'd make her clothes smell like him. She just loved everything about him.

They were about to kiss but Namjoon's phone started ringing making them flinch and scoot away from eachother. " Who the fuck is video.... call?Huh? OH!" Namjoon fixed his hair with a smile plastered on his face, he accepted the call.

"BROHOOO took you time to receive huh..." Taehyung yelled making Jimin grumble beside him.

"They were making out. Not all couples are busy like you , you know?" Hyeri blushed and giggled as it was enough audible for others to hear. Taehyung groaned and glared at Jimin, shoving him out of the screen. " IT'S MY PHONE, YOU KNOW RIGHT?"