Chapter 42

February 17 , 2029

Jimin's Pov

"You won't be drinking right?" I glanced at him as we found a quiet enough spot on the terrace, it was already late and the servants retired from today's job. Hyeri was probably crying in her room. Earlier she looked all red, I know her for so long, I can tell she was really upset and mad. Not at this heartbroken guy but at herself. She always tends to blame everything on herself even if it's not the case.

But guess what? We aren't any different. Are we?

I took a deep breath and then looked at Taehyung who was looking up at the sky. "Jimin-ah? What is it. . . that you know but not me? What is it?" He asked in his crying voice. I wanted to hug him really bad. Even though I was beside him, he looked lonely.

Was Taehyung always this lonely? He looked empty. "Taehyung-ah?" I averted my gaze from his side profile to back at the glass of wine I was holding. "You need this. Chug it down. I'll tell you everything but instead you'll have to promise me something." I stared into his eyes to make this clear that I was serious.

"Fine." Taehyung looked at the glass I was offering him and then back into my eyes as he accepted the glass of wine. "I'll do anything. . . anything to fix this relationship. I don't want us to break up because of some misunderstanding. I'm such a fool. . . I won't mess up again Jimin-ah. I swear." his voice trembled but he didn't stutter. Taehyung never really told lies or gave fake hopes to anyone. He was bad at it. And I trusted him.

"Talk to Hyeri after I tell you this. Don't run away from her like we ran away from reality. If we'll have to face it someday. . . running away isn't a solution. I want you guys to talk it out and clear every misunderstanding you had and . . . I swear Kim Taehyung. . . the next time I see tears in her eyes. I'll forget that you're my bestfriend. You understand that?" My voice was in lower octave while face stern, Taehyung nodded. I wasn't sure if he understood me or thought I was just stating that randomly but no, I wasn't kidding.

"Everything you know is a lie."

"Huh?"

"I said the part of the story you know is a lie. Maybe that caused misunderstanding?" I shook my head. "We should have told you guys before taking this step but-"

"Park Jimin? What are you even saying?" He chugged down the drink and slammed the glass on the table. "Will you dumb it down huh?" I sighed and nodded. I don't know why it was hard for me to narrate but it was guilt tripping me more and more making me a reason to be the part of Jungkook's fall.

FLASHBACK

10 years ago

Everything was going well, the new semester of highschool started, I was excited to meet new friends in case if someone transferred. I had a feeling that someone would. I was more in a belief that it would be a beautiful girl and by the end of highschool, the same girl would end up as my child's mother.

That's how everything worked in Kdrama. Even though I had a crush on someone else, I knew she wasn't into me. But my mom always said, to confess even though the result is negative. And I was planning to confess her the whole time.

On the other hand there was my bestfriend, Kim Taehyung. The hot guy of the school who was just all face. But that's what everyone thought. Not me. He was really good at everything if he focussed but his focus was only at my other bestfriend.

Lee Hyeri. What shall I say about her? She's good at studies, beautiful, friendly, the mary sue character from the novels you usually read in the bookstores but that's what everyone knows about her. In my case, I'm different. Hyeri loves to cuss, she's not at all into studies but as she has nothing else to do at home, she reads books , any book she gets her hand on.

What a book worm. And as I know her since she was born, she is the only person who annoys the shit outta me. I don't actually hate her but I'll say I don't have a crush on her. She's just the closest person to me. We talk a lot, rely on eachother and share tons of ugly secrets. Coz we are bestfriends after all.

Hyeri wants to be a fashion designer. It's her passion. She even sews and designs her sister's clothes when she's not studying. Hyeri's voice is sweetest but she doesn't like singing much. And crushes? She's a bummer when it comes to romance. Rejected mostly half of the school except Taehyung.

She doesn't hate him but. . . when it comes to Taehyung, I just can't read her unlike other times. She gets all complicated. Avoids any questions when I ask her about her types or interest in Taehyung. Sly bitch.

On the other hand , Taehyung is the guy who'll do anything for the person he loves. Coming to school is just an excuse to see her. Walking her home even though she lives the opposite way to his uncle's house. Taehyung just in a different level when it comes to love. But he chickens out everytime I'd ask him to confess.

And now my goal was to be the best man in their wedding. I wanted to see my bestfriends happy, together. I knew Hyeri would reject him with straight face without any remorse but STILL Taehyung had to confess before someone else would snatch her away.

And my intuition was right.

Not about the pretty female transfer student but the third wheel in between them.

Jeon Jungkook.

'Am I a bad guy if I try Taehyung making jealous by spreading rumours that Hyeri and Jungkook are a thing?'

That was my plan at first but I never got a chance to spread rumours. So I did something which was more immoral and awful. I knew it was bad but I didn't think about it's outcome. You can say I was a jerk or immature.

I just wanted my bestfriends happy.

'Jungkook-ah. . . what's your type?'

'Huh? My type. . . I don't have any-"

'Aye, you kidding me? C'mon tell me.'

'What? Aish hyung. . . I seriously don't know. I never dated anyone before.'

'That's. . . '

I felt bad for a moment. I wanted to stop what I was planning and hug the innocent boy. He gave me the feeling of a mama chicken. But I never had an intention to stop , I was determined.

'What do you think about Hyeri?'

'Hyeri-ssi? Um. . . what about her?'

'Ain't she pretty? Does she give you butterflies?'

'W-what. . . haha stop !!'

JIMIN. . . STOP ! my inner self screamed but. . .

'Do you like her? Hyeri and you' I paused to look into Jungkook's innocent doe eyes. 'You guys would make a perfect couple, you know that?'

I hate me. . .

— x —

after this few episodes will be according to Jungkook's pov and please don't hate Jimin irl , it's just the character in this book.

Also trigger warning !!

Jungkook's past won't be all nice and sweet as you all already caught a glimpse in the chapters earlier. So yeah, if you're uncomfortable with any triggering content , please do not read.

bye.